Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6926 Old Yesterday at 5:48 PM
Gestures are infuriating in general. I know they feel all futuristic or whatever, but they just end up interfering with other functions. I have the swipe to go back on my Pixel phone and the amount of times I've closed an app when trying to see the next photo in a gallery or something.

The Q shortcut in Sims is very odd. Honestly, I have never had the thought "Wow I wish I had a shortcut to quit this program! Sure would be useful not to have to click through a menu!"

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6927 Old Yesterday at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The Q shortcut in Sims is very odd. Honestly, I have never had the thought "Wow I wish I had a shortcut to quit this program! Sure would be useful not to have to click through a menu!"

If all you have is a trackpad, then that's probably why - shortcuts can be useful at times - but what I'm questioning is why this is also the shortcut for "down" when in TAB mode (WASD/arrows + Q and E, plus a few other buttons controls the camera). There's been so many times I've accidentally hit Q while not in TAB mode, it's ridicolous (would be useful if the camera could be controlled that way while not in TAB mode, but alas, no... )
Mad Poster
#6928 Old Yesterday at 6:51 PM
I hope Q at least asks if you want to save.
Mad Poster
#6929 Old Yesterday at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

I mostly X out of the option without reading it, but it does ask if you want to quit (same options as clicking the "quit" button, I think). So I haven't accidentally quitted my game multiple times via Q (that would've been awful!)
Mad Poster
#6930 Old Yesterday at 7:42 PM
Quote:

It does ask if you want to quit-"Are you sure you want to quit the game?" and that's when I realize I hit the 'Q". I always say, "NO, I'm stupid. Carry on!"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#6931 Old Today at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I always say, "NO, I'm stupid. Carry on!"

It would be funny if that was actually one of the options.
Mad Poster
#6932 Old Today at 12:00 PM
True about a trackpad - but I would still prefer e.g. a shortcut to a menu and then I have to navigate through that menu. I suppose at least they put the "Are you sure?" dialog there.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 278 of 278