Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Yeah, I often don't give my sims make up because they look ridiculous wearing it to bed. Glasses, however, can be set for different outfits.

Makeup also has categories, just like outfits. If you want makeup to show up for some but not all categories, you can edit them (remove PJs/swim/etc.) - it's a bit tedious in SimPE since all the ages need editing, but probably easier in one of the newer programs (Pick'n'mix's editing program, maybe?). At least it's an option for more fancy makeup.

But yeah - would've been nice to have a similar option to BV jewelry. I'm not the biggest fan of BV jewelry because it too has some hurdles to jump over (recategorizing, proper layering, availability, etc.).
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 11:04 PM
The chemistry set from the original Sims. I always had fun with my Sim creating various potions (even remembering which colors were beneficial or not), and I was disappointed when that same set didn't make it to Sims 2. I can imagine how many more potions a Sim could whip up and what their effects would've been.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#28 Old Yesterday at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Makeup also has categories, just like outfits. If you want makeup to show up for some but not all categories, you can edit them (remove PJs/swim/etc.) - it's a bit tedious in SimPE since all the ages need editing, but probably easier in one of the newer programs (Pick'n'mix's editing program, maybe?). At least it's an option for more fancy makeup.

But yeah - would've been nice to have a similar option to BV jewelry. I'm not the biggest fan of BV jewelry because it too has some hurdles to jump over (recategorizing, proper layering, availability, etc.).

How is BV jewellery different? I've never used it.
Mad Poster
#29 Old Yesterday at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
How is BV jewellery different? I've never used it.

I hardly use it, either. It has different layering (only one item per category, I think? So you can only put one necklace, one left wristwatch, etc. on the sim, but different categories are multi-layerable with each other. Jewelry also need to be either bought or accessed via some mods.

Glasses are multi-layerable if they have different bin numbers, which use Hex, and I don't think a lot of numbers are in use by EAxis, so lots of options. Bin numbers can be reused for an on/off effect with other similar accessories, so you can have one number for hats, one for right-hand accessories, one for left-hand, and so forth, without them "colliding"). Glasses are available via mirrors and mods with "change appearance".

I think jewelry can use "clothing" categories, Glasses definitely can. it just means the item doesn't show up as an option if the sim is wearing one of the unavailable clothing categories when changing their appearance.
Page 2 of 2