3 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 4:14 AM Last edited by shota-oddball : Today at 6:08 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] My CAS is dim/dark
I recently installed Gunmod's Radiance lighting and the separate "World Lit by Fire" add-on for my medieval gameplay and my CAS is now dark. I am also using a custom CAS room. How can I fix this?
Mad Poster
#2 Old Today at 4:28 AM
Have you checked if using the regular CAS room has the same effect with the lighting mods?

The radiance mod causes light to behave different, so if there's not enough lights in the CAS room or it's not placed correctly, or the wrong lights were used to build the room (affected more by one of the mods, so they give off less light), or no lights at all were used in the CAS room (relying on outdoor lights/light from windows and doors/doorways), this would probably explain the darkness.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old Today at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you checked if using the regular CAS room has the same effect with the lighting mods?

The radiance mod causes light to behave different, so if there's not enough lights in the CAS room or it's not placed correctly, or the wrong lights were used to build the room (affected more by one of the mods, so they give off less light), or no lights at all were used in the CAS room (relying on outdoor lights/light from windows and doors/doorways), this would probably explain the darkness.

Hmm, I'll take it out and see if that makes a difference.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old Today at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shota-oddball
Hmm, I'll take it out and see if that makes a difference.

thank you, that fixed it!
Mad Poster
#5 Old Today at 6:12 AM
Then it's probably the lighting setup in the custom CAS that's the issue.