Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:50 AM
Lifetime wish Challenge
Welcome to my challenge.

First of all I hope my english isn't to bad and that you guys understand me.

Now the challenge: It's very simple really, you just have to complete all lifetime wishes there is in the game, to complete this challenge, but of course there is some rules.

* You can't use any cheats that will benifit you in the game.

* Aging must be on and set to normal (else this would be to easy and not a challenge)

*You may create 1-2 YA or adults to start your game with.
- I will recommed to make the females lifetime wish to be 'Surrounded by family' or 'Master Romancer.' Simply because you will need to get some children to get lifetime wishes too. So it is an easy starter

*Your sims may not have the same lifetimes wishes, you can select their lifetime wish when they reach YA.

*When your sim have achieved their lifetime wish, you may move them out or kill them, whatever you like. But not before that happens.

*If your sim dies before reaching his/hers goal. Then you have failed.

*There is 48 lifetime wishes, so that means you will have had 48 sims when your done.
but that also means that it is a little hard to keep track of it all. So I will add a Lifetime wishes list, to make it a little easier.

I Hope someone will join me in this challenge and have fun :D

LifeTime Wishes List
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:10 AM Last edited by Zerhai : 18th Feb 2012 at 5:11 AM. Reason: first post excitement!
Interesting challenge I might take it on, though if you want to be helpful to people you might want to actually type up the list of lifetime wishes, and then separate the ones that come with particular Expansion packs! For example I have only ambitions and Late Night. so all life time wished that go with world adventures would not apply to me. <yay first post>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 6:40 AM
Thank you great idea I will look into that tomorrow.
Ya I found you would get to do alot of things in the game you dont normally do when you have to do every single lifetime wish

Goodnight
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 7:08 PM
Starting on this now. Hopefully this will get me out of picking the same five lifetime wishes over and over..
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 9:12 PM
The architecture LTW is incompletable in a normal lifetime.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 8:15 PM
I started with a male sim (Vladimir, purely bc the random CAS made him look Russian to me). He has completed his LTW, which was to become CEO of a Mega Corporation. He had one child out of wedlock (Scandalous!), who is now a teen (no LTW yet). Vlad married a woman named Shirley, who has the LTW to get to level 10 in the Medical career. She and Vlad have one toddler named Samuil, and are expecting another baby soon. (Their honeymoon time plus all this maternity leave is making it rough on fulfilling her wish, but I need future generations!) They live in a modest home in Riverview (The duplex Shirley lived in, but I deleted the wall down the middle b/c they kept leaving one side to go to the other side's fridge or toilet or whatever. I also deleted one kitchen and converted it into a formal dining room.)

I've decided the teen's LTW will count towards the number but I'll kick him out as soon as he makes it and let little Samuil take over the family as he is the "legitimate" heir. I'm just assuming all this is okay, as there weren't any rules about who could and could not count towards the number... Also, I'm hoping one of these kids rolls a LTW that isn't so career based, since I feel like that is what I'm always playing.

One question, though. Are we supposed to get rid of the sim as soon as they fulfill their LTW? I've kept Vlad in way too long if so, but I needed him to make babies! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
The architecture LTW is incompletable in a normal lifetime.

Yeah, I would consider making that LTW the absolute last wish to complete (so you've completed every single LTW except that one) and then expand the Sim's life so they have time to complete it.
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:45 PM
There are a couple others you'll be racing the clock on, too. Both the firefighting one and the investigator one, if you run into bad luck on what jobs you get you could still be working on it WELL into your elder years.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:06 PM
The ones that need more time than a normal lifespan can either 1) purchase the Young Again Potion 2) make the Young Again Potion 3) purchase the Age Freeze 4) become a vampire 5) make and eat Ambrosia 6) murder other sims with a cowplant, if applicable, and drink the milk. So, plenty of options.
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 7:41 AM
I started a challenge just like this. I basically rolled out my generations using the random legacy challenge and giving each sim a LTW, instead of the career portion they have in the random legacy rules. I'm currently on my 3rd generation and having a blast. It has totally made me play outside my comfort zone, because I had realized I only ever do the same handful of LTW over and over again.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 7:57 AM
This is interesting and sounds like it will be a challenge for me. There are a lot of Lifetime Wishes I have never bothered with.

I'm guessing there are no limitations on which world/neighborhood you play in or the price of the lot you start out with?

"Sometimes I feel like a door with no key, and all the answers are locked away in me." - Send Me An Angel, by Alicia Keys
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
The ones that need more time than a normal lifespan can either 1) purchase the Young Again Potion 2) make the Young Again Potion 3) purchase the Age Freeze 4) become a vampire 5) make and eat Ambrosia 6) murder other sims with a cowplant, if applicable, and drink the milk. So, plenty of options.

How do you get the cow plant? What expansion pack is that in?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashthorpe
How do you get the cow plant? What expansion pack is that in?

Its in TS2

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Aug 2012 at 6:10 AM
The cowplant for TS3 is a premium item in the sims 3 store
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 3:32 PM
If you have all the expansions there is a total of 73 LTW. The link is updated to have all of them. I have found the best way to keep track of them is to do an excel sheet and just track which ones have been completed. I like this challenge and I plan on trying it out.
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 10:56 PM
Going to play this then start a random legacy, think this will help me play in ways I havent before.

Starting off easy with the professional author LTW while I find a spouse and make some money.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jul 2024 at 7:10 PM
Spreadsheet
I made a spreadsheet with all the Lifetime Wish so you can fill in the ones you already made. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...dit?usp=sharing