Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 4:39 PM
Default Questions for Lot Upload Moderator Please.
I am building a pretty Victorian home. I have two problems (which I have had with other builds). Problem 1) When I try to screenshot front and backs of some of my builds the lot in front or behind gets in the way and I can't get an unobstructed view (I have looked and could not find a way to resolve this in the game settings), Problem 2) The guidelines state that a sim cannot have ever been on a lot. I want to build a small herb garden on the lot but cannot do it without a sim being temporarily on the lot to set the garden. Is there any way that you know of to resolve these issues? Thank you.
Screenshots

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 5:23 PM
@HugeLunatic @Lyralei @AdonisPluto Could you please advise best place to post this, or who to ask? Thank you!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 5:31 PM
Can't help with the camera issues as I have no idea of the controls in ts4. With really large ts2 lots we tend to allow a bit of side angle images, I would think the two you have should suffice. As for getting around no sims on the lot, there is no way to get around that. Lots must never have been occupied.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Can't help with the camera issues as I have no idea of the controls in ts4. With really large ts2 lots we tend to allow a bit of side angle images, I would think the two you have should suffice. As for getting around no sims on the lot, there is no way to get around that. Lots must never have been occupied.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I am terrible with the screenshots anyway but I think I can do side angles. I understand about the sims on the lots.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 9:56 PM
Both of the angled views look great! Are you taking the screenshots while in Live Mode or by going into it via Map Mode? I don't recall if Sims show up if you do so via Map Mode...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by insomniacsims
Both of the angled views look great! Are you taking the screenshots while in Live Mode or by going into it via Map Mode? I don't recall if Sims show up if you do so via Map Mode...

This is what I mean by I'm a terrible screenshot taker. I don't know the difference between live mode and map mode. If live mode means having a sim on the lot while taking screenshots, I do not. I find them too aggravating to deal with. I am almost 80 years old so my eyes are not the best anyway so I don't want them messing anything up. Thank you for taking the time to explain some things to me so I can get better at this.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tylersada
This is what I mean by I'm a terrible screenshot taker. I don't know the difference between live mode and map mode. If live mode means having a Sim on the lot while taking screenshots, I do not. I find them too aggravating to deal with. I am almost 80 years old so my eyes are not the best anyway so I don't want them messing anything up. Thank you for taking the time to explain some things to me so I can get better at this.

Live Mode is when you move a household into the lot - typically used for building when you want to make sure everything is accessible, especially if you use the MOO (MoveObjects On) cheat.

Map Mode would be editing the lot via the Map Screen - which I completely forgot to check if Sims show up when you're doing so in this mode.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 11:54 PM
Thank you for the information. I am learning as I go.

Nutty Sims Mommy.