Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 10:04 PM
Default WCIF a mod to Enable This Hidden Interaction
Is there a mod out there that enables the interaction to browse through clothing racks, magazines etc. at the community lots? I see the NPCs (townies) doing it all the time where they just look through clothes and check out magazines/video games. I want to be able to do that with my playable-sim. I hope someone can help me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 10:48 PM
I think there's an interaction that's called "browse" on most of those, but I'm not entirely sure if I remember correctly (I don't use community lots much). They will do the animations before you ask them to buy something and before you ask them to look, and they'll alternate between the diifferent available animations (usually 3 variations).

JD's OFB animation box has some of the OFB "browse" animations, and there's quite a few. They're nice for storytelling and the like. The sims won't interact with the items, though.

It's also possible the "Allmenus" option enables these interactions, but that's a can of worms (almost literally - there's so many menus you'll probably not find the ones you're looking for)
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Allmenus_cheat
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 11:52 PM
If I remember correctly, if you shift click on the clothing/magazine racks with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, you will have a " *browse " interaction or similiar available on the racks. I could be totally wrong though, as I haven't actually played the game for years :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 9:04 AM
Hmm. I thought there would be a mod out there similar to this: http://modthesims.info/d/570412/hid...ns-enabled.html
Sounded really possible for a minute. Thank you both.
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 3:23 AM
My sims only get ‘buy’ options on shop racks, although it is very possible I have a mod causing that. I’ve been wondering about it, actually, as I am sure there used to be ‘browse’ options for playables too.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
My sims only get ‘buy’ options on shop racks, although it is very possible I have a mod causing that. I’ve been wondering about it, actually, as I am sure there used to be ‘browse’ options for playables too.

Yeah. There's only "Buy" and "Try On" available. Though your sims can autonomously "Browse" once in a while, which is why I thought there would be also a user-directed mod for it.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 11:02 AM
Maybe it's the "try on" I'm thinking about. They will do some browsing animations first.

The reason it looks like NPCs are browsing is that they may also be buying, but you don't get the menus unless it's a playable sim. If you see them go away from the racks with a shopping bag, they're not browsing, but buying (and yes, they do this autonomously, even if your sim doesn't)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 12:37 PM
There is in fact a pie menu option for browsing which call BHAV 0x200C Interaction - Browse - Clothing Rack. But the corresponding Guardian BHAV 0x2038 Interaction - Browse - Clothing Rack TEST only support autonomous actions on "not owned" lots. Result: that menu option never show up but sometimes an autonomous action happen. It's nessessary to mod the Guardian BHAV so it allows player actions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old Today at 6:25 PM
@ePSYlord created this mod after 4 years of this thread! https://modthesims.info/d/687528/qu...locked-mod.html