MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clean Main Menu

by Arro Posted 25th Jul 2024 at 1:03 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2024 at 6:11 PM by Arro

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 1:46 PM
Looks great. The fewer Sims 4 references in Sims 3 the better.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 1:51 PM
THANK YOU .. god that nonsense has always annoyed me.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 2:21 PM
does it still automatically log us into the game when loading up?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wexhex0
does it still automatically log us into the game when loading up?

It should work because it only hides certain elements of the main menu. You can manage login settings through the options menu.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arro
It should work because it only hides certain elements of the main menu. You can manage login settings through the options menu.

yes! it works! thanks so much for this. feels much more like the old TS3 now haha.

However there is a tiny bug, when you click new game the world descriptions kind of cuts out of the box it's meant to be in!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 5:48 PM Last edited by Arro : 25th Jul 2024 at 8:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wexhex0
yes! it works! thanks so much for this. feels much more like the old TS3 now haha.

However there is a tiny bug, when you click new game the world descriptions kind of cuts out of the box it's meant to be in!

Thank you for informing me about the bug. MTS is currently returning a 500 error, preventing me from updating the file. However, you can download the updated file from the following link: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4812431/. Please make sure to delete the old version before using the new one.

Edit: Uploaded 1.1 version with fixed overlapping
that chaos-loving 'bre
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 11:14 PM
I'm mainly thrilled about this because it fixes the UI being off-center. That was putting me off for so long. Thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arro
Thank you for informing me about the bug. MTS is currently returning a 500 error, preventing me from updating the file. However, you can download the updated file from the following link: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4812431/. Please make sure to delete the old version before using the new one.

Edit: Uploaded 1.1 version with fixed overlapping

Thanks its perfect!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 1:37 PM
Nice, thank you very much !
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 1:11 AM
Thank you so much! It's such a small thing but you really notice it :D
Instructor
#12 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 8:32 PM
Do you know if this is compatible with the Tiny UI Fix?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 30th Jul 2024 at 11:45 PM
Oh my god! I have wanted this exact thing and your other one that hides the store button in buy mode forever. I'm completely serious. The latter was easy enough to ignore, but having that big TS4 advertisement plastered on the main menu just made TS3 feel like a free-to-play game or something lol, even if it was just that one thing.

Now it will look just like it did before! Thanks so much, can't state enough how much this is appreciated!

Asking out of curiosity, is there anything else you had in mind to do that's similar to this? I can't think of anything further UI-based, but thought it can't hurt to ask!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Oh my god! I have wanted this exact thing and your other one that hides the store button in buy mode forever. I'm completely serious. The latter was easy enough to ignore, but having that big TS4 advertisement plastered on the main menu just made TS3 feel like a free-to-play game or something lol, even if it was just that one thing.

Now it will look just like it did before! Thanks so much, can't state enough how much this is appreciated!

Asking out of curiosity, is there anything else you had in mind to do that's similar to this? I can't think of anything further UI-based, but thought it can't hurt to ask!

Thanks for the kind words! They make my work really worth it. I've recently started posting some of my mods that are not yet on MTS to Tumblr. There's a modular UI project overhaul that already has two modules - minimalistic save and game loading. There's also a sneak peek at the main menu overhaul that I hope to finish in the future.
If you would like to check it out, then here's a link to my Tumblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 8:23 AM
This is literally a godsend, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 2:53 PM
This ALWAYS drove me crazy. Thank you so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 2:01 AM
Thanks for this. I've always wondered if that Sims 4 thing could be got rid of. It was always nagging away there: sort of saying 'Hey stupid, the game you're playing sucks, you should be playing this instead". And now, oh frabjous day, it is finally gone!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Sep 2024 at 10:49 AM
I love your ui edits!
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Sep 2024 at 2:40 PM
dosent work on stuff like gray or black UI mods