Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 2:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default s3pe - I tried merging my cc, it created HUGE temp files, doesn't merge all cc.
I have 6GB worth of hair cc, i tried merging it in s3pe, it created 20gb temp files.... at the end of the merging, a message pops up (I won't include a screenshot, cause it's in polish) "Process cannot reach file ,,C:\Users\(my user)\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC1B3.tmp" because it's being used by another process." the first couple times i tried, they took 5 GB, now it took 20GB. I deleted them every time. I tried deleting them while it was merging and every other second it said "it's being used by s3pe" and sometimes it just let me delete itself. No matter what, at the end it showed the same message except the tmp files would change, and the merged file would always have 1,99GB

I'm very confused help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 9:19 PM
I think that is too much to merge at one time. Split it up into smaller merges.

Here's a link to a tutorial to make sure you're doing everything correctly. If the video doesn't open to the right spot just skip ahead to about 4:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ws...g&index=3&t=65s
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 1:33 AM
S3PE is not optimised for merging large quantities of packages, it will take a lot longer than a dedicated tool and most certainly crash with file sizes that large.
The game files themselves max out at packages under 2GB.

I would highly recommend using CC Magic or Sims 3 Mod Organizer to create these merges and allow their 1GB cap to create reasonably sized merges.
You don't even need to use these tools for the rest of their feature- just let them create the merges faster and safer, then feel free to rename those files and move them into your Mods folder instead.