Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#13201 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 2:15 PM
I can't make out the English words to "Hush," but I sure can sing: "Meep meep! Mush mush, eeb la jeep!"

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13202 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I can't make out the English words to "Hush," but I sure can sing: "Meep meep! Mush mush, eeb la jeep!"

Too shy shy, hush hush eye to eye!
It's funny, but in Sims 3 there is a kids' radio station, and one of the songs there has the same (simlish) lyrics.
At about 50 seconds onward of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra1GFTNcTO8
Compared with Kajagoogoo Too Shy at 1.12 in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSGbAFNVwU
Instructor
#13203 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
I was just thinking that earlier today, after hearing the original English version of one of them for the first time. To my ears it sounded more like a song someone had written lyrics in English to after hearing the Simlish version than the other way around.

For me it was Smile by Lily Allen and Love is Wicked by Brick and Lace. I loved those songs back when Bon Voyage was the only EP I owned and those songs were a staple at the Twikki Beach Hotel. It was a huge miss that they didn't simify Pon De Replay by Rihanna for Bon Voyage.
Forum Resident
#13204 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
Love is Wicked by Brick and Lace.

That's funny, I just learned that one existed in Simlish yesterday and immediately had to give it a listen (my Bon Voyage disc broke somehow and I never replaced it, so I never had it installed).

I am Error.
Scholar
#13205 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 10:21 PM
I have heard most of the pop music for the first time in the Sims. It comes from a different time period where wasn't following music. Too bad the recordings are in poor quality at 128 kbit/s and likely transcoded. High quality versions can't be found. There are a few on single releases.

I've collected most of the music on albums But I've not found "Unthinkable" by Joanna J and "Angels" by Hope in English. For Hope, only one mutt-rip album from 2010 exists.

"Simlish" music reminds me time when I was a child and couldn't discern words in music and made up my own. There are websites for "misheard lyrics" with funny lines that people have heard during moments of unclear pronunciation.

Some performers include more English words like "police car", "roll call", "blame the color" and "hang around" (Suburbia / Inbuglorbia).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13206 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Some performers include more English words like "police car", "roll call", "blame the color" and "hang around" (Suburbia / Inbuglorbia).

Or Damian Marley- 'Majaica Majaica' in 'Welcome to Jamrock'.

I always wanted to hear an English version of Go Betty Go's Very Very Rich Town, but not found one yet.
Mad Poster
#13207 Old Yesterday at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I always wanted to hear an English version of Go Betty Go's Very Very Rich Town, but not found one yet.

I think that one might be Simlish-only. Same with Aff Wubbas Do from college rock ('W of P3' is Walt Szalva) and 'It Wouldn't Be So Bad' from new wave.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13208 Old Yesterday at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I think that one might be Simlish-only. Same with Aff Wubbas Do from college rock ('W of P3' is Walt Szalva) and 'It Wouldn't Be So Bad' from new wave.

Yes I think it might be, I've not even found a live recording of it. They were prolific playing in the bars around the area of the EA studios, but their recorded catalog isn't huge. Good band though, they recently got back together and they recorded something new last year.
Mad Poster
#13209 Old Yesterday at 12:29 AM
The College Rock station is just pure awesomeness.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#13210 Old Yesterday at 4:34 AM
I still think of the Simlish version Katy Perry's Hot & Cold first when I hear that song.

I don't think I'd ever loaded the Fruitville Village lot before today. Oof. Why are the freezer units outside under an awning? Why are the bathrooms each big enough to hold a dance party? Why are the columns Asian and the lamps Middle Eastern? Why use the blue flower recolor of the rug when there's a pineapple recolor right there? Anyway I'm redesigning it into a mini Dole Plantation-esque tourist trap.
Mad Poster
#13211 Old Yesterday at 2:25 PM
Great to see you back Andrew, and glad you had fun at Pride <3

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#13212 Old Yesterday at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The College Rock station is just pure awesomeness.
How many songs are in the game on that station? I see that the Spotify playlist with the English version of the songs only has 16 of them - that's way too little for how good these sound!
Page 529 of 529