Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 8:28 PM Last edited by TwoBearsHighFiving : Today at 8:43 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim's Motives Not Decaying
This sim's motives won't decay at all, no matter what I do. I first noticed the problem one day when I went into his household after a rotation; as far as I recall, he wasn't experiencing the problem in the previous rotation, but I took a break from playing for a while, so there's a chance I'm misremembering. I didn't use any cheats to get him into this state. When this bug started out of the blue, he lived with three other sims and a pet, and their motives all decayed normally. He is in permaplat, but this started well after he fulfilled his LTW.

I've already tried the following:

- Used the motivesdecay on cheat
- Went into boolprop testingcheats enabled true, set the motives to static on the mailbox, and then switched them to dynamic
- Deleted him with moveobjects on
- Reset him through the force error cheat in boolprop
- Forced errors on the whole lot using the batbox
- Moved him out of the household and into a new apartment, then repeated all these steps (The attached screenshot was taken at this point)
- Aging him up to elder
- Removing my downloads folder
- Deleting cache files (for some reason I only had accessory.cache; not sure if that's because I use LazyDuchess' launcher?)
- Removing user files entirely and pasting the neighborhood into freshly generated TS2 user files

I've been unable to reproduce this problem with other sims, households, or hoods, including a test hood.

Nothing has worked, and I'm completely stumped. Google only brings up The Sims 4 stuff. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old Today at 10:00 PM
Are you sure you don't have any items/CC on the lot that causes slower/stopped motives (either original snapdragon plant OR items based on snapdragon function)?

Are you sure the sim doesn't have any motive rewards (to slow down or fill up the motives) of some sort?