Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 3:32 AM
Default Cursed Love Legacy
"Many generations ago in our family line, there was a girl with stunning blue eyes. She was loved and complimented by all around her, and grew up into a beautiful, but slightly vain, young lady. This young woman was determined to have children with lovely blue eyes, and so she swore to only love a man with blue eyes like hers. One day she met a handsome, but shy and awkward young man with blue eyes just as beautiful as hers. The pair soon became a couple and were very good for one another. With her raising his confidence and self-esteem, and him tempering her vanity and mild reckless nature. Everyone who saw them together knew they were meant for each other. Three days before their wedding day, the young man gathered the courage to admit to her that he had kept a big secret from her. He was a spellcaster, which she did not mind and was quick to soothe his fears of rejection. But it was with this confidence and reassurance that he decided to reveal his final, but small, secret. His eyes weren't actually blue, he had been bullied for his bright purple eyes as a child and had been charming them to look blue ever since. It was this revelation that had the blue-eyed young lady call off the wedding immediately. Heartbroken, the spellcaster tried to reason with her, but she would have none of it. "I will only ever love a blue-eyed man, for I want my children to have beautiful blue eyes like mine" she said. Enraged that she was throwing their life together away over something so trivial, the spellcaster called upon every mote of his magic "Then I shall curse your very blood, for your selfish vanity and poisoned heart, you shall never love those whom lack a single desired trait!" The young lady glowed for a moment, but nothing else seemed to happen, and so she put his supposed curse out of her mind and carried on with her life.

It wasn't until years later, when she was happily married and caring for her first child that she realized the scope of his curse. Her firstborn had her mother-in-law's green eyes. And despite how much she had wanted this child, how she had loved this baby as it grew within her, how she had adored caring for the newborn, now that the baby had grown enough that its eyes had revealed their color, she physically no longer loved this baby. It devastated her, she searched frantically for a way to break this curse, so that she could love her firstborn again. But there was no way out of this curse. Her husband was understanding once he learned of the curse, swearing to show their child all the love that his wife couldn't. Soon they had a second child, one who grew to have blue eyes, just like its parents, and oh how their mother was so happy to be able to love this child. As the children grew older, they were told of their mother's curse and why she couldn't love the firstborn. Both children understood that the favoritism from their mother wasn't out of malice and grieved that she couldn't love the eldest the way they knew she wanted too.

But disaster struck once more, when the second born child reached their teen years. The family watched in horror as the youngest glowed for a moment, just like their mother had when she was cursed. The spellcaster had not just cursed their mother, but had cursed her blood, her bloodline. It seemed the curse only targeted the children that she could love, for her firstborn had not glowed like this. The family wept together when they found that the youngest, the only child the mother could love, physically could no longer love her back, because she had black hair instead of red.
This curse and its story has passed down our family tree, from cursed parent to loved child ever since."

Welcome to the Cursed Love Legacy!
  • There are no pack requirements for this challenge.
  • Cheats, mods, and cc are all welcome but not required.
  • This challenge was originally designed as a "play until you lose" type challenge. But if you want to set a cap on the number of generations, then you can say that the magic fueling the curse has weakened and finally broken after x many generations.
  • This particular legacy challenge only affects the romance and childbearing/raising aspects of the game, how you choose to handle other aspects like skill building, lot creation, money making, etc. is all up to you. Do whatever makes the game more fun for you.

"As the curse has traveled through our family tree, it has been noticed that only 3 kinds of traits have ever been chosen as the required trait a person must have for the cursed individual to be able love them, often referred to as the "cursed love trait": eye color, hair color, or occult type."

Disclaimer. Mentioned throughout the rules below are the terms "Loved child" and "Hated child". I must be clear in that these labels are only used in reference to how the curse affects them and their gameplay for this challenge, this is not a challenge about child abuse/neglect. Loved children are just the cursed heirs of this legacy, hated children are the lucky ones that get to be normal and love whomever they choose.

How to lose: Have a cursed parent die without any living loved children to carry on the curse.

Cursed Love Traits:
Each loved child will grow to be a cursed parent, and so when they reach teen hood they must each randomize one of the listed traits. This is not determined by generation but by individual sim, if you have more than one loved child in a generation then they each must randomize their own cursed love trait upon aging up into a teen. Your founding sim must also randomize one of the following traits:
Brown eyes, Blue eyes, Green eyes, Hazel eyes, Purple eyes, Red eyes, Black hair, Red hair, Blonde hair, Brown hair, Grim Reaper, Alien, Vampire, Werewolf, Spellcaster, or Mermaid.
This is a wheel I made with the traits above.
These traits were chosen as they are pretty easy to determine in infant sims, and because without cc infants and toddlers do not have access to the other hair colors. If you have the cc to give all age groups access to different hair or eye colors, then you are welcome to add them to the list, just be aware that the more traits you add the more difficult the challenge becomes. Personality traits aren't used because infants and toddlers have different traits.
The Grim Reaper was originally on the list as a loss condition, because you couldn't have children with him, but with the L&D ep coming out, soon we will be able to have kids with him again. If you have the L&D ep, then any child born with the Grimborn trait will count as a loved child.
If you do not have the packs for some or all of the occult types, you are allowed to remove them from the list if you'd like, or you can keep them on the list as a possible loss condition. After all, if your sim can't find a partner with their cursed love trait, then they can't have any children to carry on the curse.
If you want to lump hazel eyes in with green then you are also free to take them off the list, I know that it can be hard to tell the difference even in CAS.

Rules:
1. No adoption. This is a bloodline curse, so the children must be born with the cursed parent as one of their parents. Science babies are alright though, so long as one of the donors is the cursed parent.
2. All newborns are to be treated well by the cursed parent, they are too young to count as loved or hated. Once they age up into infants then you can check to see if they have the cursed loved trait or not.
3. Since the game doesn't have a familial love relationship bar, the cursed parent and hated child/ren cannot be more than acquaintances with each other, they do not need to be in the red, just not friends. If you have access to family dynamics, then these pairs should be set to have the "Distant", "Difficult", or "Strict" family dynamic.
4. When a loved child ages up into a teen and gets their cursed love trait, if any of their family members do not have this trait, then they are to be treated the same as a hated child and cursed parent dynamic, as listed in rule 3, even if it is the teen's cursed parent that doesn't have the trait.
5. Cursed parents are allowed to be friends with non-family sims that don't have their cursed love trait, they just can't be romantic with them.
6. No member of the household can change their hair or eye color at any point, what they get as an infant is what they will always have. If they age up and have randomly dyed their hair or gotten colored contacts the sim should be scolded in CAS as you change their hair or eye color back to their natural state. However, if the hair is only partially dyed with some of their natural color still on display, that is allowed.
7. Should the cursed parent's cursed love trait be an occult type, no hated children may seek to become the occult type their cursed parent loves, as their parent's curse knows they were not born this way, and it will not change the fact that they cannot love them. This is also why hair dye and colored eye contacts are not allowed; it causes the cursed parent too much grief to see their children try to become something they aren't in order to be loved by them. Others in past generations have tried, all have failed.
8. Loved children cannot move out on their own, even if you have more than one, they are each cursed and so they must remain under your direct control until they die to prevent autonomous romances. Hated children can and should move out on their own once they are old enough, they aren't cursed and get to live and love like any other sim can.
9. While it is not recommended, as stated above you can have multiple loved children, and therefore can have multiple cursed parents at any given time. If you like the challenge of juggling multiple cursed lines you are welcome to do so, but I personally would recommend you choose one loved child to be the next cursed parent and keep the other loved children as the forever single aunts/uncles/titis.
10. You do not have to have your cursed parent get married, but it is heavily encouraged.

I hope you all enjoy this legacy challenge! It's the first one I've ever made myself so if you have any questions about the rules or anything please feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer in a timely fashion.