Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2024 at 6:02 AM Last edited by makiura : Today at 12:13 AM.
Default [SOLVED]TSRW + S3PE plugin link?
Hello. I would like to make some transparent accessories. I tried following this tutorial by Gruesim, but it needs an s3pe plugin for tsrw that can't be accessed anymore. The other method for transparent clothing has too many steps for me. Clicking the download link opens a new window but immediately closes it without starting the download. Does anyone have a copy I may have?
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Oct 2024 at 11:22 AM
The link works fine for me, I've uploaded it here:
https://simfileshare.net/download/5061092/

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Inventor
#3 Old 19th Oct 2024 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by makiura
Hello. I would like to make some transparent accessories. I tried following this tutorial by Gruesim, but it needs an s3pe plugin for tsrw that can't be accessed anymore. The other method for transparent clothing has too many steps for me. Clicking the download link opens a new window but immediately closes it without starting the download. Does anyone have a copy I may have?

Make a package in TSRW that uses 2 groups. I use either afcocktail dress (2-1-1), or aftankruffles (2-2-2). Cocktail dress, only L1 will have transparency. These can be used for any age or gender, by changing the category flags, as well as making only a top or bottom.

If not sure of which geom is which, in s3pe, first use MTK to name package files. Open in s3pe. Select L1-1 geom. Click GRID at the bottom. Click to open the menus.

The oval is the shader number. That is a transparency shader used in some ITF garments. Click that line, and then the down arrow. A list of shaders in S3PE drop. Not all are in the list, such as the one I used, and the shiney shader for plumbots. Anyway, you can just select the numbers and paste the new shader where the oval is. Some internal info is lost this way, but it still works.

Replace the shader number as needed, save. Repeat for L2-1 and L3-1 if needed. Then Open the package in TSRW, and the shaders are loaded. I actually usually use SimHair shader for transparencies, and will be changing shaders in this project later.

Another way is to find garments that use those shaders. Make a package in TSRW with those shaders included, and export. Open the package in s3pe. Export the geoms you need, with the shaders you want. Open your garment package in s3pe. Right click the geom you want to have the special shader, and use REPLACE, and replace the geom with the saved geom that has the shader. All info is saved this way. Save the package, and open in TSRW. Replace .wsos as usual, they will be assigned the shader info stored in TSRW from the package

The texturing, and UV map layout is the same as that tutorial. Also, there is a tutorial somewhere here on MTS, by Cmar, from a LONG time ago, which is where I learned transparencies.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  SHINY SHADER NUMBER.txt (173 Bytes, 2 downloads)

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old Yesterday at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The link works fine for me, I've uploaded it here:
https://simfileshare.net/download/5061092/

Thank you for sharing the file! I'm not sure why the link didn't work on my end.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old Yesterday at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Make a package in TSRW that uses 2 groups. I use either afcocktail dress (2-1-1), or aftankruffles (2-2-2). Cocktail dress, only L1 will have transparency. These can be used for any age or gender, by changing the category flags, as well as making only a top or bottom.

If not sure of which geom is which, in s3pe, first use MTK to name package files. Open in s3pe. Select L1-1 geom. Click GRID at the bottom. Click to open the menus.

The oval is the shader number. That is a transparency shader used in some ITF garments. Click that line, and then the down arrow. A list of shaders in S3PE drop. Not all are in the list, such as the one I used, and the shiney shader for plumbots. Anyway, you can just select the numbers and paste the new shader where the oval is. Some internal info is lost this way, but it still works.

Replace the shader number as needed, save. Repeat for L2-1 and L3-1 if needed. Then Open the package in TSRW, and the shaders are loaded. I actually usually use SimHair shader for transparencies, and will be changing shaders in this project later.

Another way is to find garments that use those shaders. Make a package in TSRW with those shaders included, and export. Open the package in s3pe. Export the geoms you need, with the shaders you want. Open your garment package in s3pe. Right click the geom you want to have the special shader, and use REPLACE, and replace the geom with the saved geom that has the shader. All info is saved this way. Save the package, and open in TSRW. Replace .wsos as usual, they will be assigned the shader info stored in TSRW from the package

The texturing, and UV map layout is the same as that tutorial. Also, there is a tutorial somewhere here on MTS, by Cmar, from a LONG time ago, which is where I learned transparencies.

Thank you for the instructions! I made some sleeve accessories that are supposed to have one transparent sleeve and one opaque, but they ended up both looking transparent. I made sure there were 2 groups and only changed the shader of the red sleeve. How do I fix this?
Screenshots
Inventor
#6 Old Yesterday at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by makiura
Thank you for the instructions! I made some sleeve accessories that are supposed to have one transparent sleeve and one opaque, but they ended up both looking transparent. I made sure there were 2 groups and only changed the shader of the red sleeve. How do I fix this?

Easiest way for me, is for you to send both your TSRW work file, and your final package.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old Today at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Easiest way for me, is for you to send both your TSRW work file, and your final package.

I made a new file from one of the game's glasses. I think my mistake was exporting the geom from s3pe, opening it in the geom editor, and importing it back in. I tried your method of pasting the shader code in s3pe, and it was much faster. I'll have to go back to make one of the sleeves bigger, but overall they came out pretty good!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Mismatched sleeves acc test.rar (507.5 KB, 1 downloads)