Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 3:40 PM Last edited by Sokisims : Today at 1:33 AM.
Community Project: University for the Cassidyverse and your MTS Custom Hoods! (Participate and create your own lore!)
As I’m nearing the final touches and additions of Service Area and Jeans Shaker Oasis, and with Aberon Garden coming along nicely with a well-defined story, I thought delaying the start of the university project didn’t make much sense anymore. A project like this needs time so that anyone who wants to participate can have time to send in their contributions!

Here’s the idea: We choose a map and a concept and go from there. I was thinking of a grey or earth-toned map, turning it into a sort of cc-free military-laboratory-university with its respective faculties, fraternities, dormitories, community lots, and houses. If anyone has other ideas or wants to expand on this concept, I’m all for it! I’d love for this to be a project where everyone has a say. ^^ I had also thought about a kind of private academy that gives scholarships to poor sims in the region where there is a secret and evil society with sims disappearing... xD

While I’d like the starting point to be based on the Cassidyverse, focusing on government conspiracies, everyone is welcome to add lore from their own Custom Hoods, Maxis, or create their own lore characters, whether they tie into my lore or not. I think mixing random ideas with different lores could result in a wild and unique university. You can always make up random college sims that have a normal life XD! Nor do I intend for my neighborhoods to be the protagonist, with having some reference to rich people who study there, lodges, and mad scientists, I have enough, your families or your lore can be the central axis! Everything is welcome! Aliens, magic, random things... ^^

The idea is that the university has its own story regardless of whether it has any reference to our neighborhoods, so I think that starting with a university with industrial, mountain, dirt, lakes or seas, or something like that, maybe something extravagant with different terrain levels and some conspiracies... It would be cool.

I participate in whatever tasks others might not want to do, so the more things you send, the better it will be. I don’t intend to take control—you can add whatever you want.

Feel free to send whatever you’d like: dorms, faculties, community lots, houses, Sims (with or without bios)… You can extract Sims from your own games or use lots you’ve already built, though it would be great if you could clean them up a bit first. If not, I can take care of that. Also, it’s preferable to build the lots in clean neighbourhoods without Sims—ideally, universities with no Sims where the base neighbourhood also has none—so that they can be extracted and sent over. But if anyone is unsure how to do this, just send it to me, and I’ll clean it up later.

As for credits, the idea is to create a group where we all share the same credit, and the load appears on our profiles, so this university could be useful for many different Hoods. If there are people who just want to collaborate without that, whatever they want! They will be named in the lot or sim. It goes without saying that everything has to be your own creation!

Everything will be published and debated here, and if someone wants to take the reins in terms of how to organize the lots or edit the hood, there will be no problem, the objective is that it looks nice in the end.

So, we could start by deciding on a map and a bit of the story if you'd like… Does anyone have a map they think would fit the concept? If no one sends a map within a few weeks or months, I’ll start looking myself and reach out to creators to ask for permission.

It doesn’t matter if you think you’re not a great builder or if you feel a bit lazy—there’s plenty of time! Variety is what will make the university even more unique!

Regarding the name of the university, it would be ideal that when things are more advanced we put it to a vote.

@HarVee @Simsample @ed95 @Victor_tor @DellaLuna @sillysoraya @kaligi @ZenGarden @simgesngn @MartinaRaider @MescAline @s4rts4 @Khal Ulti @Zoltan3 @RheiaMadelaine @Flomalina @The_Raven_Cycle @jivenchys @RDorka @SimoleonPrincess @grammapat @Ringoholmes @cookietheinnocent @mare31xxl @Leto @jain @Ringoholmes @Lili975 @PrincessZeda @ElaineNualla @iSandor @Jawusa @bia123nca @diwasims @Sims2Christain @HugeLunatic @Sunbee @Zarathustra @Modder @LauraPamplonaS @AndrewGloria @Charity @sturlington @FuryCat @omglo @simmer22 @CatMuto @jonasn @inspiredzone @Justpetro @Bulbizarre @Rosawyn @Peni Griffin @sim4fan1 @joandsarah77 @topp @RecklessJerry @moonlynn @Beginning Hoods Project @ykg @PrincessBubblegum @Astralna @thenordmead @Andytampan @Dina_Goth @MolkaMoon1992 @Sims2Christain @Darku_Mage @KittyTheMouse @RoseaMarie @LordCrumps @FoxInBootz @yourfriendmichelle @redandvidya @MolkaMoon1992 @PlyPlay665 @Amura @Melancholyuppies @kestrellyn @gummilutt @FranH @Bulbizarre @Amairani @littlejestersims @Tybalt Capp @kacpi33 @Moussaieff_II @11bella11 @Jereponibus @MInnieMouse236 @Plunket* @divamoniaque @Nervous Subject @PushinPandas @Tashiketh @KaruraWasabi @Marlicanka

I have tagged users with whom I have had interaction or who have built neighborhoods to encourage you to participate XD!! I did it pretty quickly and randomly and I'm terrible at remembering all users, so even if I haven't added you, please participate ^^!!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old Today at 10:56 AM
I've been meaning to reinstall my disc copy of SimCity 4 for some of my other projects, and since I was going to do that anyway, I'm just kind of curious, would you like me to attempt to create a terrain for us all to use? Definitely something with lots of roads for us to have enough space to build and create!

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry