Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2024 at 1:59 PM
Default Bug when multiple sims want to use the stairs
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and play TS2 Super Collection from the App Store with CC for some time now.

There is a bug in my game that cause me pain everytime i'm playing. When two or more of my sims want to use the stairs, they will just stay blocked in front of it (upstair and downstair) waving and complaining about it, they even forgot what they had to do and skip their missions (like work or date). They don't let one of them use it for the other one to use it afterwards like they would usually do.

I think this problem is due to the faster homework (https://modthesims.info/d/244132/fa...mework-mod.html) because it was after i downloaded this and the stop auto tai-chi mod which modifies the game (https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=271312).

I deleted the faster homework since it is the useless one of the two and the stairs would work again, but without reason it reappears in my CC content (even though i delete it from the TS2 folder on my computer).

Would anyone be able to help me please ?

Have a good day
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2024 at 4:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Sep 2024 at 4:31 PM.
For stairs - this is common with the regular stairs, because only one side of the stairs can be used (usually either up or down). The pathing is better when using modular stairs, beause they consider each step "in use" instead of the full stairs, so multiple sims can use them (at least there's less blocking).

I don't know if you can use this mod (probably requires M&G or AL?), but it has an explanation for how the single-stairs work, in case you want more info, or want to try out the mod:
https://modthesims.info/d/654748/stair-mods.html

If the mod doesn't work for you, consider using modular stairs.

--

Sims can sometimes queue-drop what they were doing when blocked, because they can't reach the thing, or because it takes too long to reach it. Doesn't immediately sound like it's a separate issue from the stairs.

--

Make sure you're getting mods that are compatible with BV (or below, but still compatible). If it says "compatible with FT, AL or M&G", make sure that actually means it's still compatible with BV, or that there is a lower-than-FT version available.

If you're getting weird behavior from sims, activate debug mode ("boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true") and see if you get any errors. This can be an indication of conflicting or incompatible mods. With no access to most of the helper tools (HCDU, etc.), your best option is to test the game without the hacks you're suspecting are causing issues (testing one by one and see if the problem resolves), or doing a 50/50 for your hacks. Make sure to backup your game first.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For stairs - this is common with the regular stairs, because only one side of the stairs can be used (usually either up or down). The pathing is better when using modular stairs, beause they consider each step "in use" instead of the full stairs, so multiple sims can use them (at least there's less blocking).

I don't know if you can use this mod (probably requires M&G or AL?), but it has an explanation for how the single-stairs work, in case you want more info, or want to try out the mod:
https://modthesims.info/d/654748/stair-mods.html

If the mod doesn't work for you, consider using modular stairs.

--

Sims can sometimes queue-drop what they were doing when blocked, because they can't reach the thing, or because it takes too long to reach it. Doesn't immediately sound like it's a separate issue from the stairs.

--

Make sure you're getting mods that are compatible with BV (or below, but still compatible). If it says "compatible with FT, AL or M&G", make sure that actually means it's still compatible with BV, or that there is a lower-than-FT version available.

If you're getting weird behavior from sims, activate debug mode ("boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true") and see if you get any errors. This can be an indication of conflicting or incompatible mods. With no access to most of the helper tools (HCDU, etc.), your best option is to test the game without the hacks you're suspecting are causing issues (testing one by one and see if the problem resolves), or doing a 50/50 for your hacks. Make sure to backup your game first.

Unfortunately The Mod requires Apartment Life according to the description, I suppose one can try and see if it would work without AL, but that is not something I do.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modmysims
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and play TS2 Super Collection from the App Store with CC for some time now.

There is a bug in my game that cause me pain everytime i'm playing. When two or more of my sims want to use the stairs, they will just stay blocked in front of it (upstair and downstair) waving and complaining about it, they even forgot what they had to do and skip their missions (like work or date). They don't let one of them use it for the other one to use it afterwards like they would usually do.

I think this problem is due to the faster homework (https://modthesims.info/d/244132/fa...mework-mod.html) because it was after i downloaded this and the stop auto tai-chi mod which modifies the game (https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=271312).

I deleted the faster homework since it is the useless one of the two and the stairs would work again, but without reason it reappears in my CC content (even though i delete it from the TS2 folder on my computer).

Would anyone be able to help me please ?

Have a good day

I play on an iMac and I have the faster homework mod, but I don't have the stop auto tai-chi mod. My game works without a lot of problems with stairs. What I do is add an elevator if at all possible and I have some custom circular stairs that take up less room and I have two of them if possible. Otherwise I just keep an eye on the Sims because only one Sim can use the stairs in the game up to BV.

Note Raynuss is the one that made the circular stairs. I really love them. They are on SimsFile share here https://simfileshare.net/download/610952/

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 3:01 PM
What I've usually done to make households run smoother is to consider which rooms I put upstairs and downstairs (common rooms downstairs, bedrooms upstairs, at least one bathroom with shower/tub on each floor), and if there's need for extra space to do homework or anything like that, have extra spaces in the house to do so. Don't build too big (sims end up spending too much time getting from point A to B), but also not too small compared to family size (Sims end up getting stuck/queuing more often). Modular stairs help, and if you don't mind a slight bit of cheating there are a few mods that let you teleport sims (especially if they tend to get stuck, or you need to get them around faster - both ninja style and plain teleport, there are a few versions ingame).
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 3:17 PM
Modular stairs are still considered blocked if there is a person standing on the opposite end of them, like when you tell 2 or 3 people to traverse a few steps up a foundation, the first person can be exiting the stairs and blocking the path for the others. I made a mod for this. I would always use modular stairs because they work better over all even if they are worse in some ways. In a big shop you should have two stairs so that there is a backup.

I think elevators and spiral stairs are much slower, you can't run on them, and spiral is an Apartments feauture. A two level house, like the goth house feels like a prison if the person can't run and the clock is racing forward. They 'think' that using an elevator is like taking a few extra steps and have no reluctance to wait for it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Unfortunately The Mod requires Apartment Life according to the description, I suppose one can try and see if it would work without AL, but that is not something I do.

All the modular stairs in game are built off game packs that are available for Mac There are modular stairs for H&M, but that is built off OFB. I'd guess the modular stair mod may work.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Sep 2024 at 11:31 PM
This is what the mod description says:
Quote:
Requirements: Probably Pets or later, but I can only guarantee the mod will work properly if you have Apartment Life and/or M&G.

So likely they have M&G/AL and haven't tested with earlier EPs, but they also ren't sure if it absolutely needs anything newer than Pets.

Only way to figure out is to test (which can be done by first doing a backup, so you're sure nothing gets messed up)
Scholar
#9 Old Yesterday at 2:58 AM
It does need Apartments. I tried to use this mod but gave up on it. He has references to Sliding, spiral stairs and a Lua for chechking when a person is on top of something when climbing.