Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2024 at 12:39 AM
Default Placing a New Home for a New Sim?
Hello! I've just made a new Sim, and rather than one of the generic homes provided by the game, I'd like something else. However, I can't figure out how to put down a home in an empty lot for my Sim. What do I do? Thank you very much!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th May 2024 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ariinya
Hello! I've just made a new Sim, and rather than one of the generic homes provided by the game, I'd like something else. However, I can't figure out how to put down a home in an empty lot for my Sim. What do I do? Thank you very much!

If you just made a new sim in a new save, you'll need to move them into one of the pre-made lots or empty lots first. Then, go back to the map view and you can start placing or building lots.

If you want to place a lot from the gallery, click on the one you want and select the "Place in world" button in the bottom right corner. Then select any unoccupied lot (completely empty or an empty house) that is the same size or larger.

If the lot you put that house in is different than the one you moved your sim to, you just have to click on your sim in the map view and select the moving truck icon to move them to the new lot.