Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2024 at 6:25 AM
Default How can I make this bedding from Ung99 functional?
Hello everyone. I have downloaded the bedroom set White Paradise from Ung999. But the blanket is not functional and my sim can't sleep on the bed =(. How can I make it compatible?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Oct 2024 at 9:58 AM
Luckily, all that needs to be changed is the footprint- something you can either do permanently with a couple of tools, or ingame using NRaas DebugEnabler.

The most straightforward way would be to replace it with the FTPT resource of a blanket that already works as intended- like one of Wondymoon's, for example.
You'd need to convert the .sims3packs to .package with Delphy's Multi Installer, then open them in S3PE to right-click > Export to File the FTPT on the working object and right-click > Replace the FTPT of the broken object.

Alternatively, if you have NRaas DebugEnabler simply click the object ingame > NRaas > DebugEnabler > Options: > Object... > MoTech > Footprint > Toggle Footprint.
This disables it specifically for that instance of the object, so you'd have to do this each time you use it.

Note, both methods simply allow sims to clip through the blanket. It's still purely decorative/static by design.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2024 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Luckily, all that needs to be changed is the footprint- something you can either do permanently with a couple of tools, or ingame using NRaas DebugEnabler.

The most straightforward way would be to replace it with the FTPT resource of a blanket that already works as intended- like one of Wondymoon's, for example.
You'd need to convert the .sims3packs to .package with Delphy's Multi Installer, then open them in S3PE to right-click > Export to File the FTPT on the working object and right-click > Replace the FTPT of the broken object.

Alternatively, if you have NRaas DebugEnabler simply click the object ingame > NRaas > DebugEnabler > Options: > Object... > MoTech > Footprint > Toggle Footprint.
This disables it specifically for that instance of the object, so you'd have to do this each time you use it.

Note, both methods simply allow sims to clip through the blanket. It's still purely decorative/static by design.

Hi! Thanks for the help .The second method worked well.

But the 1st one didn't . I used a functional blanket from another creator that I already have. Is there something that I should pay attention to make it permanent?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Oct 2024 at 5:29 AM
A couple of guesses:

1. You'll want to make sure the option you used was right-click > Replace, not right-click > Import.
2. I specifically used the FTPT from Wondymoon's Rhodium Bed Blanket, if you'd like to try that one.
3. Place the .package in your Overrides folder- if that still doesn't work, you may need to uninstall the original through the launcher so it doesn't overwrite your changes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Oct 2024 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
A couple of guesses:

1. You'll want to make sure the option you used was right-click > Replace, not right-click > Import.
2. I specifically used the FTPT from Wondymoon's Rhodium Bed Blanket, if you'd like to try that one.
3. Place the .package in your Overrides folder- if that still doesn't work, you may need to uninstall the original through the launcher so it doesn't overwrite your changes.

Previoulsy, I deleted the footprint and imported the new one. Now I did the step of replacing it as you highlighted . It worked . But it didn't have the right footprint. I couldn't move the blanket to cover the pillows. So I selected several blankets that I had downloaded in the past. The first one that worked was from the Kilburn Bedroom by pyszny16. I tested the modified versions inside the game. Thanks for helping me!!!