Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2476 Old Yesterday at 11:11 PM
@CatherineTCJD Okay, further tests show I wasn't quite right, so sorry!

So here's Caringal, with the invisible fences shown by the planter being unplaceable, and some of the hidden floors.

And here's Caringal again, in a completely vanilla set of gamedata (no scripts modded to show the hidden fence or floors). As you can see, the hidden fence is still there, as is the floor I often use (concrete squares). But the others have vanished! Such a shame, I like that floor you use, and the deep jade tiles and the marble with the aztec pattern.

Repeated in another hood:

What a blow! I know the ones I used in hoods I've shared work as I tested them, but I suppose I've never used those other tiles in hoods I've shared. There are loads of hidden wallpapers too, I hope they all work!

So builders- be sure to test in an unmodded environment before you share! When I installed the game, I made a backup of the vanilla game data files (the entire [installation location]\EA GAMES folder) before I did anything. Then, I made backups at various stages of modding. Now I can swap them in and out to create different testing environments. For example without the CEP; without script mods; without lighting mods. I have a set of powershell scripts and batch files to do this for me, and also to do registry mods so that I can test neighbourhoods and mods in other languages, or different game configurations. I also use the Anygame Starter. All this requires a bit of disc space, but it really makes it easy to try things out! I used to have a UC setup that I could swap in and out too (the UC can't be run without M&G with the Anygame starter, so it's a bit different from the disc install). The required quite a hefty powershell script to swap in and out as you are changing the entire registry hive for your sims installation, and I never got around to putting that back in after I swapped a hard drive. I know a few modders that use this kind of setup to test.
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Mad Poster
#2477 Old Today at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@CatherineTCJD Okay, further tests show I wasn't quite right, so sorry!
...What a blow!...
Oh Pooh!
Thank you for double-checking though. I appreciate it!

I used to have an unmodded set-up on my lappy, just for testing. But, somewhere along the way, it has been "corrupted" with a few mods and tweaks, including all the 'unlocked' stuffeths... But, I still use it for 'testing' - and do most of my building on my "big rig" PC.

On my PC I have 2 TS2 installation set-ups going. One for starting new hoods - cleaned of all the Maxis templates that like to attach themselves. And my 'main' game with everything.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2478 Old Today at 9:41 AM
It seems to be due to the way the scripts have have been hashed out in the basegame files- for example the nouveau tile has the 'material' line hashed too, so that means the unmodded game doesn't load the information about the texture at all.

For many of the tiles I just had to remove the # from the 'notInCatalog' line, those are the ones that work in the unmodded game.
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Page 100 of 100