Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 1:14 PM
Default Little Known Facts (The Sims Discoveries)
The Queen Vivanco Roses official downloadable object from Maxis gives sims the ability to autonomously decide to give a flower to a loved one (or someone on the lot):

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 1:14 PM
A gardener's worst nightmare -- when they're unhappy, some sims will trample on flowers to entertain themselves:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 1:14 PM
You can actually hold a ghost party in The Sims:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 1:36 PM
If you place an igloo in a temperate or hot climate area in the game, the igloo will eventually completely melt away (and they don't melt much during the night):

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 1:50 PM
Apart from the "guinea pig disease" (the cold virus) that sims can catch in the game if the player is not keeping their pet's place sanitary, Vacation onwards there is another illness that sims can catch if their hygiene is low while they are eating from a buffet table -- Montezuma's revenge, code-named "poopy pants":

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 2:05 PM
A cute feature of the game -- if child sims have child friends over, and the time for going to school comes, they will go to school together and come back together -- they will spend the whole day together:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 2:11 PM
Kids can use the party dance cage, too, from House Party -- they will try to imitate adults 🤭:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 2:19 PM
You can actually change your sim's bio at any point in the game -- hold down CTRL and Shift, and click on your sim's profile picture:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 2:26 PM
All the secret places adults can woohoo in the original game -- the romantic bed is not our only option (Hot Date, Vacation, and Superstar introduced new places):

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 2:31 PM
Vacation actually introduced new parent-child interactions to the game -- children will ask the parent to help them climb the snow slide, for example (if the parent is around):

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 3:25 PM
Children will sometimes punch the mascots in the game 😂:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 9:06 PM
After 100 days played on a home lot, as a special bonus, the game will give you behind-the-scenes, making-of preview tooltips -- which contain interesting information about the original design and development team (and who was responsible for creatively conceptualising/realising what aspect of the original game). This is all the information presented:

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 9:57 PM
I didn't know about a lot of these. The autonomous flower giving is such a cute little feature. I have most definitely seen grumpy sims go apeshit on the garden though, and kicking my poor gnomes and flamingos as well! How rude.

I am fond of the little easter egg from Viewing the tiki wall shelf display.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EphemeralToast
I am fond of the little easter egg from Viewing the tiki wall shelf display.

Zee Maxoids. 🤭