Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 1:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is this lot too heavy, or what?
When I was building this lot, everything was perfect and in the right order, no terrain hoops or anything.

But after I moved my family in, this happened:

I guess putting sims in it was a bit too much for the terrain and road to handle.
This isn't the first time this happens in my game.

On a more serious note, is there a way to fix this?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 4:51 PM
Well, pick up the lot in the neighborhood view and put it right back (and if the game doesn’t let you put it down, just hit the escape key on your keyboard). That should fix it. It just happens sometimes, as you already know.

If the lot’s still flooded, Mootilda has a tutorial that, while it refers to apartment lots, can theoretically (hopefully 😬) be reapplied to any beach lot that has a flooding problem: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=302405

Happy simming!

♫ I'm on a ride, and I wanna get off, but they won't slow down the roundabout :| ♫
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2024 at 7:00 PM Last edited by earthgirl : 7th Sep 2024 at 7:42 PM.
The simple "fix" did not work, obviousy, sooooo

I tried to drag the neighborhood into SimPE and all I get is a blank page that I cannot explore.

I'm lost now.

EDIT: Had to re-install the program in order to make it work again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 12:36 PM
Are you on a Mac? Just guessing from your EPs owned. Mootilda's tutorial does say that the 'easy' fix might not work if you don't have Apartment Life/M&G.

By "drag the neighbourhood into SimPE" what do you mean? You can't drag it from the game into SimPE. You have to open SimPE and find it in the neighbourhood browser.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 4:28 PM
I have all EPs and SPs and I'm on Windows 11.

I've read the tutorial carefully and figured it out last night. The fix was very simple.

Could do it the first time, but then the program broke. I don't know, maybe that's why it broke.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 5:03 PM
Nice!

Turns out I need to use the scroll down ability lol. When I checked your EPs I thought it stopped at BV.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2024 at 8:50 AM
Try the neighborhood terrain cheat.

Move out the sims first, move the lot somewhere else, and raise the terrain click by click.

(That is how I fixed some of the lots in my custom hood, Paternoster, which went under the water like yours when I first tested).