Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 8:59 PM
Default How to get rid of grey loading furniture
Hey! Im so tired of the furniture turning gray and takes a while to load when the rest of my game is running quite smoothly. Is there a setting i need to fix?

Better safe than sorry
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilieHak
Hey! Im so tired of the furniture turning gray and takes a while to load when the rest of my game is running quite smoothly. Is there a setting i need to fix?

a pic for explanation hahaha
Screenshots

Better safe than sorry
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 1:18 PM
If your caches are huge, try deleting them.
Also, what do you have your graphics settings on? Try turning down some of the settings.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 1:07 AM
This is render lag, which is particularly affected by using CC that is too high poly or generally lacking the PC specs to handle fast rendering.
Deleting the caches will temporarily increase the amount of grey objects as they render in again for the first time, but all subsequent loading in of the same objects should be much faster if not instant.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Aug 2024 at 2:13 PM
It's been a while so I may not remember correctly nor can I check, but when I had a similar issue which I knew wasn't typical behavior of taking so long to render both objects and Sims, I found out it was because I made some changes to the graphic rules. Upon returning to the default, my game worked as before only taking seconds or less (depending on mods/cc/save management/etc) to load in and render everything upon a new game or switching camera position from one area of the neighborhood map to another.

If your computer hardware is not the issue and you know that's not normal gameplay behavior from what you experienced at some point before, then maybe you changed something that caused a side effect.

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Current Game(s): ObsCure and Cyberpunk 2077