Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#11401 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I was reading a thread over at GOS where they're holding a building challenge for people to use floor plans generated by ChatGPT, and they're quite ridiculous: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=38819.0

So I did my own-I do have an account there, and I decided to ask it to design a small house in Sims 2.

The results were quite amusing-and I don't know if I dare to use these ideas....

I love how it pretends that obvious rectangles are squares.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11402 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Imagine being a maid and just seeing pee puddles everywhere... By the nanny.

I would quit lol.
Test Subject
#11403 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I was reading a thread over at GOS where they're holding a building challenge for people to use floor plans generated by ChatGPT, and they're quite ridiculous (...)

*internal screaming intensifies* These are terrible and I love them so much!!

You know, I've been looking for ways to challenge myself as a builder. I think this is it, chief.
Mad Poster
#11404 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 2:33 AM
Selling the First Simolean Award gives you $5, lol.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11405 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 8:42 AM
Customers who get struck by lightning lose stars.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#11406 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Customers who get struck by lightning lose stars.

"Thats a bad service!! I want to complain your manager about this struck!!"
Mad Poster
#11407 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
"Thats a bad service!! I want to complain your manager about this struck!!"

Lightning strikes are an Act of God. My boot in your ass as I kick you out the door won't be!
Theorist
#11408 Old 15th Jun 2024 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Selling the First Simolean Award gives you $5, lol.
The frame was on clearance.
Mad Poster
#11409 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 6:30 AM
Instant Inviter can summon repomen and burglars to owned community lots. They can both take items that are marked for sale. Also, customers will panic at the sight of the burglar.

Theorist
#11410 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 1:12 PM
The second-from-left lady looks like she's just walked in on someone doing it in the AL closet
Forum Resident
#11411 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 8:37 PM
Never noticed this animation before: crying with laughter from watching other sims bowl.
Screenshots

I am Error.
Instructor
#11412 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
Never noticed this animation before: crying with laughter from watching other sims bowl.

That's an interesting feature. I've never noticed it either, it seems like NightLife added many new animations to already existing ones. For example the special "bad" dancing animations were added in NL.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#11413 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 3:52 PM
If you make all the guests selectable before the end of then party, when the party ends, no one leaves. Then you make them unselectable and they're just visitors, so they won't leave until you say goodbye. Realized this by accident because I had the party guests selected for an unrelated reason. But very helpful in apartments so you're not getting hourly noise complaints from the neighbors.

"It's not a party anymore, I just have 14 house guests!" -Sims Logic
Mad Poster
#11414 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:55 AM
TIL that if you install a lot while in-game, the file will sit in the Teleport folder until you load to a neighbourhood. Swiitching subhoods works!

Theorist
#11415 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 12:24 PM
Hm, don't all installed lots first go to Teleport, and then once the game loads (now we know it's the neighborhood that loads), the files get teleported to Downloads?

I don't often install lots, but it would probably never occur to me to install them while the game is running. Old habits die hard
Mad Poster
#11416 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:04 PM
The lots get teleported to the LotCatalog folder.

Mad Poster
#11417 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 12:03 AM
Very grouchy sims argue much more emphatically, and I already knew this, but they enjoy arguing too - most sims, during the chat interaction, choose to bring up topics they are interested in and the other person will either respond enthusiastically, neutrally, or negatively. Grouchy sims bring up topics they dislike, complain about them, and if their chat partner also dislikes this topic, they start complaining about it too and the grouchy sim laughs and the interaction is positive.

When they play Punch U Punch Me they punch the other sim really hard in the arm as well and the other sim gets annoyed XD I actually knew this too but noticed it again recently after playing a sim with 0 nice points.

But the one which was totally new to me is that when very grouchy sims practice a speech in the mirror, their speech is not so much a speech as it is a total rant

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#11418 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 6:30 AM
Not exactly something I discovered WHILE playing The Sims, but I did just discover that you can replace/change desktop icons, so I've been making my own replacements for all of the icons on my desktop so they'll match. My Sims ones turned out so cute

Mad Poster
#11419 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 5:15 PM
More something I found while browsing sims stuff rather than while playing.

Lots of people complain about the Sims 2 nannies, but at least you can't get this!

Hiring a nanny in The Sims 4 is a binary choice, with the game not allowing players to decide who exactly will take care of their kids.

One player recently experienced an unusual downside to this mechanic after the nanny they hired turned out to be their ex-partner and their baby's estranged father, much to their displeasure.

Although, admittedly it would make a nice story hook, with the estranged dad trying to make it up to his kid.
Theorist
#11420 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 9:16 AM
Given that it's TS4, I expect the single parent to have gained the "Happy" (or a similar inappropriate) moodlet - Ah, it's nice and comforting knowing my child is in good hands while I'm off running errands! This makes me inexplicably happy, I hope I don't simply die how happy I feel from this!
Mad Poster
#11421 Old Yesterday at 10:48 AM
Isn't that the plot of Mrs. Doubtfire?

On the subject of nannies, I came to tell you that I discovered last night, that a nanny can start a fire while baking and they will do absolutely nothing helpful about it. They don't call the fire brigade, they don't try to put it out. They just stand there panicking. I had to make the child call the fire brigade. Luckily she was old enough to reach the phone!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 457 of 457