Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1151 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 12:52 PM
My remaining 22 banks came in the mail. I have a ways to go before I get the project done. (I only did 2)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#1152 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 1:33 PM
Today is going to be a hole-y day.

The day has come that we need to replace things with holes in them; like towels. I bought towels from IKEA a number of years ago. Fast forward to now, said towels are starting to fall apart. I keep finding threads and strings in the dryer and the lint filter.

I also need to buy a new blanket for my bed. The dogs have their own blanket they like to curl up on, but "my" blanket has seen better days. I've had it for roughly the same amount of time as the towels, so I've gotten my money out of it.

Since I've had good luck the IKEA towels, we're going back there to get more. I've tried buying towels from other places and they never hold up. They're good for about a year, then they fall apart.

Once all is said, done and washed, the old towels and blanket will be donated to a local animal shelter. IKEA shouldn't be a total shit show as school is now back in session and Labor Day weekend has come and gone.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1153 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 3:07 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Sep 2024 at 3:11 PM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
It's been kinda depressing lately.

Why?

A couple of doll lines I follow are likely to be discontinued in the near future, both from rivals Mattel (Monster High G3) and MGA Entertainment (Rainbow High in general)

Right now, I am waiting for more information on Dreamcleod's Wild Childz, a doll that's been over 10 years in the making. Then again, a billboard once spoke truth: "Every overnight success was actually years in the making". They aren't wrong. Matt Groening is a prime example. Took 7 years before he went into animation and his throwaway characters of The Simpsons garnered enough success on "The Tracey Ullman Show", he's able to drop in and help with the show (The Simpsons) when not busy (at one point) with Futurama or Disenchanted.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1154 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Discharged from hospital after right breast surgery and 2nd chemo. Doesn't feel so good.

Oh dear, I hope you start feeling better soon @LFact . Wishing you all the best and sending virtual hugs.
Theorist
#1155 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 7:02 PM
It is getting rid of the crap around the yard day. This project needed to be done anyway, but since we're having the fence replaced next month ( most of the junk in question was 'hidden' behind the fence) now is the time to get the shizz done.

A year or two ago we rented two dumpsters. One for 'organic' matter such as tree brush, tree limbs, ect... We rented another for actual junk inside of the house. We got rid of furniture that couldn't be donated, cleaned out the attic, blah, blah, blah.

What will be leaving tomorrow is old fence posts that the previous homeowner never dealt with, mesh fencing and a bunch of stuff that wouldn't fit in the junk dumpster we rented. For garden stuff that we want to keep outdoors, I'll be ordering a storage bench so all of that stuff has a home, is put away but easily accessible for when we need it. We don't have a garage, nor do I want one. It would be just one more excuse for the trolls of town hall to jack up our property taxes.

Tomorrow I can officially say the yard is crap free. Hurray! If the neighbors keep throwing junk over their fence, I'm going to start throwing it back. I'm not paying to clean up after them...
Forum Resident
#1156 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 8:17 PM
I've been going back and forth whether to go to the movies because...

1. I sometimes internally freak out when too much anxiety kicks in from the loudness and/or just sensory overload in general and I don't really enjoy the experience. (I find it strange since as a child and teen I don't recall ever having that issue but then again it's probably because of having an extroverted mother, so my focus tended to be more outward than inward. Now I'm more attuned to my own nature.)

2. It's a waste of money or is it? Life is short and the way I see, it is better to spend it doing things I enjoy when and if I am able to do so.

So Beetlejuice has been a favorite of mine back when I was a kid. In fact, I grew up on the animated show which was one of my favorite kid shows to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWHVvXUw-RU

And of course the live-action movie was the first I started with and really liked. I didn't really watch much of the trailers for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice which I suppose suggested if I did watch it then I wanted to be as less spoiled as possible.

There's an IMAX theater within walking distance, so it was more and more tempting to just go for it. Plus when looking up movies times and stuff, I found out there's something new I never heard of before...4DX. So naturally I got curious and found out it's a new immersive experience to watch a movie, effects like rain, fog, lightning and the seats are also in-sync with the movie to move to the action. Well, I was very intrigued but also concerned because I haven't been to a movie theater in years, plus being sensory sensitive going to a movie that stimulates more senses seems anxiety-inducing.

But I really, really wanted to experience it to find out. Now some reviews say that 4DX is the type of movie experience you do once and then that's it. Pretty much like a gimmick. But let me just say for me....uh no, I would want to experience 4DX any time it's available. Yes, it was so much fun and exciting. Another review said that 4DX is only good for action movies and as far as I know Beetlejuice 2 I wouldn't consider it an action movie. So my first 4DX movie was Beetlejuice 2 but surprisingly a lot of 4DX effects, I think all of it was used.

I got punched in the shoulder, I got punched in the upper back, I got spritzed with water, I got a blast of air and I got tossed in that seat which is really amazing how powerful it is. Not that powerful to throw me out of it but enough to where I sometimes do need to readjust myself from sliding. And it got very foggy at one point and there were lightning effects too. I love how any 4DX movie previews even gives you a taste and that one intro to it was so much fun.

So yeah, the movie itself was really good too. It's always concerning when a sequel starts to surface to something that I found really good, and it's been years in-between as well. However, it definitely is a decent continuation in my opinion. I wonder though...do fans in general want to see Beetlejuice and Lydia together or not and why. That's not something I really thought about until recently.

There were assigned seats but actually I ignored it but if someone was like, that's my seat then I would have moved. I don't like the seats being assigned at random though, or at least it didn't give me the option to pick and choose for myself. I figured since it was a morning viewing time, not many people would be there anyway, plus it's a weekday and not a weekend. Well, there weren't many people there, maybe 12 in total, I don't know I didn't really count. But the auditorium was mostly empty.

I absolutely love moments like these where I get to experience something new and exciting.

=======

This morning I saw a medium sized spider on the wall and I'm like where did you come from as I moved closer and leaned in for a thorough look.

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Current Game(s): ObsCure and Cyberpunk 2077
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1157 Old Today at 3:43 AM
Today? A day so slow, I was bored to tears...

Just wanted to fall asleep in my new bed.

I did do some arts and crafts with masking tape, washi tape and label tape. Sometimes, simplicity works best in execution.

It rained all day...pretty much cloudbursts off and on.

Theorist
#1158 Old Today at 1:53 PM
Spooky season has arrived. Gavin is doing is haunted travels again this year.

I Spent a Night in the Haunted Nunnery to Read a Horror Book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEEjZWVNc-c

Yesterday contractors showed up to get rid of the remaining shizz from the yard. It ended costing more than I thought it would. This was because I didn't take into consideration all the extra weight from the chunks of concrete that were around fence posts, the few cinder blocks we had for some weird reason, ect... In the end we did save a couple hundred on labor because they didn't have to hunt and move stuff around the yard. Everything was in a neat pile so all they had to do was load up their truck; Dingus also helped load stuff.

The bill is paid and taken care of. Now the only pile in the yard at any given time will be a brush pile. If that gets too annoying, I can call a tree company. They'll come out and shred it, take all the shredded bits with them for a small fee. Then they'll turn around and sell the shred as "mulch".

I don't know what I'm going to do today. Since it is barely going to get into the low 70s, it would be a good day to tear my office apart and wash the floor, as in the whole floor, not just the visible spots. I'm sure all the cords, cables and other computer-related crap also have a nice layer of dust on them. I vacuum a couple times a week, but I don't move cords and stuff around.

At some point I need to replace the rug under my chair. It was supposed to be a"tough, sturdy" indoor / outdoor area rug. Less than a year later, the rug literally has bald spots. Every time I vacuum it, I get more fuzz from the rug than anything else.
Page 47 of 47