Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#901 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 3:10 PM
A mod that disables sinks/baths/showers/etc. spraying water everywhere when they're broken. It's just fustrating.
Also a tuning mod that decreases (or increases) the chance of stuff breaking.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#902 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 3:17 AM
I wish someone who knew how to code well could make some franken-traits.

Specifically: take the already existing traits and combine 3-5 of them into one trait, and remove the "conflicts with" dynamic.

I have been thinking on this for a while, so here are several examples:
  • New trait called Lothario is Charismatic, Commitment Issues, Flirty, Hot-Headed, & Schmoozer. (Which are actual traits of the Sims 3 version of Don Lothario.)
  • Another new trait called Illustrious could be Artistic, Avant Guarde, Flirty, Great Kisser, & Irresistable. ( IlLUSTrious )
  • Trait called Career Oriented could be Workaholic, Born Salesman, Dislikes Children, Ambitious, & Snob
  • Materialistic could be Snob, Perfectionist, Frugal, & maybe Mooch.
  • Anxious is a mix of Neurotic, Excitable, Hot-Headed, Brooding, & Socially Awkward.
  • Sinister could be Evil, Mean-spirited, and Hot-Headed.
  • Flower Child could be Eco-Friendly, Green Thumb, Gatherer, Vegetarian, & Loves the Outdoors
  • Jock could be Athletic, Ambitious, & Daredevil.
  • Homemaker could be Natural Cook, Neat, & Nurturing.

I recognize that this would essentially require a player to have all the EPs to make it work, which may be limiting for some, but I think it could make for much more interesting sims.... Especially if you really could remove the "conflicts with" dynamic for the franken-traits. Then one may potentially double-up on traits; like Career Oriented, Materialistic, Workaholic, Snob, and Ambitious.

I imagine a sim with franken-trait Tech Savvy, which is Computer Whiz, Handy, Eccentric, & Genius also having the normal traits of Technophobe, and Workaholic (amongst 2 other obligatory traits) which, in theory, would create a sim constantly working from home on the computer, doing very well at what they're doing on the computer, but despising every second of it and occasionally getting so upset as to break their computer but they can repair it very easily.

I think y'all get the point and could probably come up with some fascinating combinations.
If it's even possible. I know NOTHING of coding. I'm just a mod goblin; I take whatever I think will add to my game.
Test Subject
#903 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
There is a mod that has a menstruation cycle but it also includes other features. Here is a mod review and the link from Wisteria: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbMq3n_shTU

*Just be mindful that TS3 is mostly CPU-intensive, therefore any CPU-intensive mods can cause poor game performance.

I just wanted to add; it's called "Birds & The Bees;" it kind of works like a period cycle.... Kind of. A little glitchy in my personal game; sometimes my sim gets 2 moodlets at once. Or they change randomly.

In my game the mod DRASTICALLY affected my sims' fertility, but only sometimes, so pregnancies can be harder to make happen. I've had save files where I cannot get my female sim pregnant to save my head-cannon, and other files where she and her boyfriend/husband woohoo'd one time and then they immediately become parents. (This was regardless of whichever portion of the cycle my sim was on.)

Also Mingos has one other mod on the page where you download Birds & Bees; it's a... how to word this...
Screw it, I'll risk getting in trouble; it's a very simple cocaine mod. It lets your sim buy cocaine from the criminal rabbit hole, or you can find it in build/buy (at a significantly reduced price) and place it on your home lot and make your sim an addict. Stick that, a University Keg, and the Supernatural's Magic Jelly Bean plant on the same lot and you've practically got a pg-rated drug den.
Test Subject
#904 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 4:40 PM
additional ideas: a way to delete unattainable sims (ghosted/created autonomously and then deleted by the game), a way to delete ghosted pets (pets that were autonomously created and then made as 'familiar pet' though unattainable), a shortcut to set up a sim's familial history, a way to have identical twins born in-game, teaching cats tricks, mod for overriding 'must be swim/sleep/everyday outfit' so maids who look silly can be fixed, easy removal of CC from launcher/folder, mod for relationships to remain (no autonomous cheating, no random date requests from coupled people), mod for elders to keep jobs instead of retire/sims not to switch jobs, mod for presetting skill updates to items (i.e. repair upgrades), more interactions with birds and minor pets, a custom trait maker mod!

And thus completes my Sims 3 gameplay pet peeves (for now!) lol
Test Subject
#905 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 6:33 PM
A smaller plumbobs mod, got so peeved by how gigantic it is that I ended up making the mod myself
Scholar
#906 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lastolympian
A smaller plumbobs mod, got so peeved by how gigantic it is that I ended up making the mod myself

You did? Can you link to it?

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Scholar
#907 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quickaccount
I just wanted to add; it's called "Birds & The Bees;" it kind of works like a period cycle.... Kind of. A little glitchy in my personal game; sometimes my sim gets 2 moodlets at once. Or they change randomly.

I've been very interested in that mod, but it has a lot of acknowledged bugs and mingos doesn't seem to be working on it atm. I've been afraid it install it,

Test Subject
#908 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
You did? Can you link to it?

It's still in the moderation queue, but it's in the "high priority" now so I could message you the link soon when it's published. Would that be alright with you?
Scholar
#909 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lastolympian
It's still in the moderation queue, but it's in the "high priority" now so I could message you the link soon when it's published. Would that be alright with you?

I stalk the new releases on MTS, so I'll probably see it anyway, but I'd love a personal heads up.

Test Subject
#910 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 10:27 PM
Default Wish to be boyfriend/girlfriend Mod Suggestion
Hi I like to play wish based in The Sims 3. I would love for their to be a mod where the wish to be steady can show up more often instead of just the heartbreaker lifetime wish.
Test Subject
#911 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
I've been very interested in that mod, but it has a lot of acknowledged bugs and mingos doesn't seem to be working on it atm. I've been afraid it install it,

As far as I can tell it won't break your game in any way, the mod itself is just inconsistent in it's own functions. (Though, if you have to uninstall it for any reason I can't provide any information on how that may affect your save files.) Sims 3 has a lot of little wonky things in it; this is just another example. It's nice to have a mod with a working pregnancy test though. Let's you skip the cutscene down the line. If you have Nraas mods installed, Mingos' mod works for teens too.

On the note of pregnancy mods, I wish someone had could make sort of maternity overhall that allowed the following:
-Give birth anywhere
-Different birthing animations**
-Pre-select maternity clothes / force mother to pick out maternity clothes at proper time (randomized ones are so stupid looking!)
-Added unique social interactions for a while after birth (gush about new baby, show off new baby, complain, confess feelings about new baby, etc. etc.)
-Interactions for loved ones / other members of household to perform for the mom while she's in labor (cheer on, ask questions, hold hand, be supportive, etc. etc.) It's kind of weird that the mom sim isn't interactive other than "take to hospital" once the labor sequence has begun.

**On the note of animations, I don't want anything too realistic. I personally like the little spin-around thing the mom does. I just wish it could be expanded upon; maybe have her sitting in a chair, or hands/knees, leaning against something, a bath-tub (or hot-tub) birth or on a bed. A realistic pregnancy mod has been made for the sims 4, I don't understand why the sims 3 would be harder to code. At least in TS3 you wouldn't have to update it for some random new patch.
Lab Assistant
#912 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 1:51 PM
I was thinking yesterday, while starting a new playthrough from poverty: it'd be nice to have a true library mod.

A "front desk" object, with a clerk, where I can get a library card, pay a small fee, check out books with a due date, pay a fine if I don't return the books on time, donate books to the library (my written books, for example).

Also, a mechanic for loading a bookcase from your inventory with one click. My sim is in the process of moving houses and she's carrying +50 written books in her inventory. Every time I have to load the bookcase, it's quite a task!
Forum Resident
#913 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninfalara
I was thinking yesterday, while starting a new playthrough from poverty: it'd be nice to have a true library mod.

A "front desk" object, with a clerk, where I can get a library card, pay a small fee, check out books with a due date, pay a fine if I don't return the books on time, donate books to the library (my written books, for example).

Also, a mechanic for loading a bookcase from your inventory with one click. My sim is in the process of moving houses and she's carrying +50 written books in her inventory. Every time I have to load the bookcase, it's quite a task!

Olomaya has a library mod with some of these features: https://www.tumblr.com/olomaya/7290...s-a-library-mod

For a front desk employee, there’s also this mod by Arsil: https://modthesims.info/d/559243/cu...neric-role.html
Test Subject
#914 Old Yesterday at 4:41 PM
Is there a thread for CC you wish existed? Can't seem to find one quickly.

I wish someone could make CC for hair, but fiddle with it so that it looked like hair but could be styled with like a hat/headband.

Not any hairstyle in particular, just a bunch to choose from or re-makes of the base game hairs.

That way you could have a sim whose genetics state they have a normal hair color but it would have the visual of a non-natural hair color, as if your sim dyed their hair. This would be nice for sims like Zelda Mae from Sunset Valley.
Page 37 of 37