Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 3:32 PM
Strange CC Issue - Top Texture Appearing On Sims Not Wearing Top
So I started playing TS4 again recently when I ran into this strange issue. I was about halfway through creating a new household when I noticed this texture was showing up on every male Sim I created.

Since then, I've tried everything I could think of to resolve the issue. Removing possibly problematic CC and mods, clearing caches, and even repairing the game through the EA app, but the only thing that works is disabling CC entirely.
If anyone knows why this is happening and how to resolve it, or thinks they can help, my most recent Last Exception file can be downloaded here.
I can also provide other resources as needed, such as a list of the contents of my Mods folder.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  LastException.7z (1.3 KB, 11 downloads)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kutekitty43
So I started playing TS4 again recently when I ran into this strange issue. I was about halfway through creating a new household when I noticed this texture was showing up on every male Sim I created.

Since then, I've tried everything I could think of to resolve the issue. Removing possibly problematic CC and mods, clearing caches, and even repairing the game through the EA app, but the only thing that works is disabling CC entirely.
If anyone knows why this is happening and how to resolve it, or thinks they can help, my most recent Last Exception file can be downloaded here.
I can also provide other resources as needed, such as a list of the contents of my Mods folder.

This is likely a very broken piece of cc. You said you only removed possibly problematic cc, that's probably not enough to find the actual culprit. You need to do the 50/50 method:

1. Make 2 folders on your desktop, name one "untested" and one "clean" (or whatever variations you find best)
2. Take about half of your cc from your mods folder and put it in "untested"
3. Launch the game and see if the issue is present
4. If present, move all cc in "untested" to clean and repeat. If NOT present, move all cc in your mods folder to "clean" and repeat by taking half from the "untested" folder
5. Repeat those steps until you find the exact mod causing the issue

This is very tedious, but unless you are already using something like mod manager, it's the best way to find the cause of the problem. The only other way to find it would be to install Sims 4 Studio and open all your mods one by one to check if it's the broken top.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GhostWitch
This is likely a very broken piece of cc. You said you only removed possibly problematic cc, that's probably not enough to find the actual culprit. You need to do the 50/50 method:

1. Make 2 folders on your desktop, name one "untested" and one "clean" (or whatever variations you find best)
2. Take about half of your cc from your mods folder and put it in "untested"
3. Launch the game and see if the issue is present
4. If present, move all cc in "untested" to clean and repeat. If NOT present, move all cc in your mods folder to "clean" and repeat by taking half from the "untested" folder
5. Repeat those steps until you find the exact mod causing the issue

This is very tedious, but unless you are already using something like mod manager, it's the best way to find the cause of the problem. The only other way to find it would be to install Sims 4 Studio and open all your mods one by one to check if it's the broken top.

Thanks! I was actually able to solve the issue with this method.