Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 3:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims 2 Crashes when I try to load Neighborhood
I don't understand what causes this nor do I understand what I should do. I make regular backups, so I usually just toss the current Sims 2 folder and replace it with my backup and play again. However if I could do something to fix it I would rather try and fix it if I could.

Recently what I did was load La Fiesta and move 6 half Alien Sims from the bin to one of the Dorms that had 2 Sims and then I made sure that each of the new Sims had claimed a room and set their Major to what they desired.
Then I saved and quit.

Unfortunately when I tried to Load the La Fiesta Neighborhood the game immediately crashed.

Suggestions?

Also anyone know why it would crash?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old Today at 11:40 AM
Ok No one has any suggestions even though there is over a thousand views.

How about I delete the Neighborhood Manager file and the Cache Files?

This what some people in a Sims 2 Facebook group suggested. Anyone have any responses?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#3 Old Today at 11:59 AM
Hi @lordtyger9 Apologies, I think I must have missed this when you posted!

Yes, you can try deleting caches (and the neighbourhood manager if you like, but I doubt that will do any good). Firstly, do you have your Documents/EAGames folder synching to OneDrive or any cloud storage? If so, turn that off as this can cause a file lock to be put on your game files, so preventing the game from writing to them. Next thing to check is that your antivirus program isn't set to on-access scan files in your Documents/ EAGames folder.

With Sims 2, the actual neighbourhood itself is saved on exit (be that when you load another neighbourhood, load a lot or exit the game). So it sounds like for some reason, your La Fiesta Tech neighbourhood file was either unable to save, or was interrupted whilst saving. These are some likely causes of hoods not loading.

Other causes could be custom content causing issues (especially likely if you have any mods that deal with hood terrain or hood deco, as those will be called upon hood load). To test this, backup the game and then test with custom content removed. (You can put the CC back and restore your backup after you tested). Does it load now?

Also, you could run the hood through Hood Checker and let that program repair any errors. As always, backup before you do this!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!