Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:21 PM Last edited by kmccall : 11th Jul 2018 at 5:21 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Graphics glitches on ocean waves (fixed)
Hey!
I've been playing sims2 with all SPs and EPs, but without Nightlife, and a while ago I decided to finally install it. Everything in the game seemed to work properly, until I realized - like, a week later - that the waves were like in the pic in beach lots.
Since I'm not sure this is caused by the new EP, I tried to remove my CCs, my mods, replace my modified Graphic Rules.sgr with the original, update the drivers of my graphics card but nothing happened.
Does someone know how can I fix this?

(I'm not fluent so sorry for any mistakes XD)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:34 PM
might try changing game's graphics settings.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
might try changing game's graphics settings.

I already tried this.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 1:33 AM
Sorry looking at your picture, maybe I forgot what beach lots should look like, but what is wrong with it? Is it that angle?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sorry looking at your picture, maybe I forgot what beach lots should look like, but what is wrong with it? Is it that angle?

The waves don't break as usual, disappearing in the sand. The water just flashes for a second all over the beach, in places where it shouldn't.
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:03 PM
maybe something you downloaded caused it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 7:15 PM
Do you have Voeille's Pond & Sea Water Overhaul? I've had this issue before, but only with this mod. It glitches when the ocean reflection is turned off, so try adding boolProp enableOceanReflection true to your userstartup.cheat file and see if it fixes it.

edited to add: here's my beach + the mod - the cheat (NOT a pretty picture!) :D

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeka81
Do you have Voeille's Pond & Sea Water Overhaul? I've had this issue before, but only with this mod. It glitches when the ocean reflection is turned off, so try adding boolProp enableOceanReflection true to your userstartup.cheat file and see if it fixes it.

It worked!
I could kiss you rn! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:12 AM
You're very velcome. Happy simming! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#10 Old Today at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeka81

OMG!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
I confused why the ocean moving as a shining blue block(just like your picture)
You save my life...🥰🥰🥰 even 2024