Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 8:45 PM Last edited by k-athleen : 11th Sep 2024 at 9:02 PM.
Default Nightlife Missing Game File
Hi,

I've been doing a default replacement project that involves me combing through the game's files. While going through the files for Nightlife, I noticed that in the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\3D

There is not a file called Sims01.package. There is Sims00 and Sims02 through Sims13. I am worried that I accidentally lost or deleted the file. I've search through my whole computer and can't seem to find it. I was wondering if anyone would be able to check their own game files and confirm if there is supposed to be a Sims01.package, and if so, if you could maybe share a copy of that file with me? Sorry if this counts as a request

Thank you for any help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 8:55 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Sep 2024 at 9:13 PM.
Mine doesn't have that file, either. Seems to be normal. I've seen the odd file "missing" from other EPs/SPs, too. They probably just don't have any resources attached to that particular file. The numbered files usually have a spesific set of resources in them - some have meshes/textures/etc., some only have LIFOs, some have icons, and so on. If there aren't any resources for that particular file in that EP/SP, there's no file.

The numbering probably looks a bit odd, but if you look closer at for instance the "Sims03" files from two different EP folders in SimPE, you'll notice they have the same type of resources in them. If there aren't any resources that would fit into a particular file, there's no need for that file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2024 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Mine doesn't have that file, either. Seems to be normal. I've seen the odd file "missing" from other EPs/SPs, too. They probably just don't have any resources attached to that particular file. The numbered files usually have a spesific set of resources in them - some have meshes/textures/etc., some only have LIFOs, some have icons, and so on. If there aren't any resources for that particularly file in that EP/SP, there's no file.

Thank you so much, saved me from panicking and doing a full reinstall of the game :P