Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 12:17 AM
Default Wanting to make Sims 3 rich presence
Hello all! I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, feel free to correct me if so.

I have zero background in making mods or coding but I wanted to do something like this to get myself started, even if it's hard.
If you guys have any tips or pointers on how to get started that would be amazing! I'm thinking of doing it in python since I've heard its one of the easier things to learn, but if there's a better language I'd love to know! I kind of have a visualization in my head on what I all need to make something like this, if there's any threads that could smooth out the process please feel free to link them.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old Today at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rstyxd
Hello all! I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, feel free to correct me if so.

I have zero background in making mods or coding but I wanted to do something like this to get myself started, even if it's hard.
If you guys have any tips or pointers on how to get started that would be amazing! I'm thinking of doing it in python since I've heard its one of the easier things to learn, but if there's a better language I'd love to know! I kind of have a visualization in my head on what I all need to make something like this, if there's any threads that could smooth out the process please feel free to link them.

Hello. I am a newbie to creating mods myself, but I have a basic understanding of how they work and how they're made, so maybe I can offer some advice.

The Sims 3 was programmed using the C# (C-Sharp) language, so all scripted/coded modifications to the game must be written in C#. There are tons of handy tools and applications developed/created by members of The Sims 3 community, many of which are hosted on this very site: S3PE (Sims 3 Package Editor) is a MUST if you're looking to make your own mods, as well as S3OC (Sims 3 Object Cloner) if you're looking to create or add interactions to custom objects.

This SimsWiki article should help you get started with everything you might want to create or learn about: https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl..._GeneralModding

Hope this helps.