Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 6:50 PM
Default Songs in TS2
We got Hot N Cold, we got the Pussycat Dolls - what songs do you wish we got in ts2?

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 6:39 PM Last edited by topp : 18th Aug 2024 at 6:54 PM.
I've a feeling that some of my trashier Sims would smustle to the moon and back with this: Sedmi sprat by Slađa D (bonus points: if you don't speak Serbo-Croatian, it's basically Simlish already)

A nice addition to the College Rock + Pop mashup radio station could be Rim Tim Tagi Dim by Baby Lasagna (but I guess it's cheating because the song is from 2023).

But in all seriousness - Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue was already a hit and I can't believe it never got in the game.

And sometimes I forget how truly old this game is - Lady Gaga has had only one single out, Just Dance, by the time Apartment Life was released! Bad Romance wasn't out there yet!!

DJ. who?
opin suomea, kerro mulle vitsi DM:ssä (ja ole valmis selittämään se)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I've a feeling that some of my trashier Sims would smustle to the moon and back with this: Sedmi sprat by Slađa D (bonus points: if you don't speak Serbo-Croatian, it's basically Simlish already)

A nice addition to the College Rock + Pop mashup radio station could be Rim Tim Tagi Dim by Baby Lasagna (but I guess it's cheating because the song is from 2023).

But in all seriousness - Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue was already a hit and I can't believe it never got in the game.

And sometimes I forget how truly old this game is - Lady Gaga has had only one single out, Just Dance, by the time Apartment Life was released! Bad Romance wasn't out there yet!!

Oh really? I remember the time of Lady Gaga, and Britney's Circus album as something after the end of the sims 2. I don't remember that they overlapped XD OMG

I would also have liked the game to have a more dance-pop, electro or disco songs, like the one you say of Kylie, but in general the sims 2 ended up with a more rock, r&b and emo vibe XD

Although the "fast" music from the DJ station is quite modern and house tech. I always ask the DJ to play that style.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 12:14 AM
Considering Mark Mothersbaugh was associated with the game, I'm surprised they didn't bother putting anything by DEVO (or even The Wipeouters for that matter) for the New Wave station . "Synthesized" is the only song on that station that's even a proper New Wave song anyway
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivrats Dargy
"Synthesized" is the only song on that station that's even a proper New Wave song anyway

Huh? Kajagoogoo is known primarily as a new wave band.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Huh? Kajagoogoo is known primarily as a new wave band.
I'll admit, "Things Can Only Get Better" kept playing in my head when I thought of that song for some reason. It's been a while since I heard either in English. I'm a bit of a New Wave snob sometimes so I apologize.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 5:12 AM
I added the Cab Calloway version of "Minnie the Moocher" - entirely scat-sung, so it already sounds Simlish. (It went under "Jazz", of course.)

Also stuck some interesting things under "World": "Orfeu Negro", Villa-Lobos Bachianas Brazilianas #4 (both Portuguese), and "Sulekatikel", which is "Out on the Myra" sung in Mi'kmaq. Languages that I don't understand I consider "fair game", within limits. (Note: this rules out French, Spanish, Italian, German and Latin. Portuguese is just different enough that I struggle with it.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 5:18 PM
I wish the oldies station would've had licensed oldies from '60s and '50s. Chuck Berry in Simlish would've been funny.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 10:58 PM
I just mostly added prior Sims OSTs to the in game radio. I actually keep it a point to avoid any music that uses English to keep the immersion. Lookin' to get a decent download of the console TS2 radio tracks at some point.

Nhood: TS1 (Nhood) + Rocket Power: Beach Bandits OST
Build: TS1 (Build)
Buy: TS1 (Buy)+TS1 Superstar (Build/Buy Mode)
CAS: Bustin' Out (Menu/Build/Buy/CAS)
Hip-Hop: TS1 House Party (Rap) + Bustin' Out (Hip Hop)
Metal: Bustin' Out (Rock)
Pop: Bustin' Out (Pop)
R&B: Bustin' Out (Smooth Jazz)
Salsa: TS1 (Latin)
Techno: TS1 House Party (Techno) + TS1 Superstar (Build/Buy Mode)
Jazz: SimCity3K (Jazz Tracks)
College Rock: TS1 (Rock) + Silent Hill instrumental rock tracks
Classical: TS1 (Classical)
Oldies: TS1 House Party (Disco)
New Wave: Bustin' Out (Pop)
Shopping: Dead Rising 1+2 Mall Muzak
Jam Bands: TS1 Unleashed (Build/Buy Mode)
New Age: SimCity3K (Electronica Tracks)
Big Band: TS1 Hot Date (Build/Buy Mode)
Reggae: TS1 Vacation (Build/Buy Mode)
Surf: TS1 House Party (Beach)
World: TS1 Makin' Magic (Build/Buy Mode)
Indie Wave: ???