3 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#1376 Old Yesterday at 10:21 AM
Apparently the new update broke lots across a number of packs. I guess emergency patches for emergency patches is the new norm as it continues to happen despite Maxis claiming to have a team to fix bugs.

As usual, these bugs are destroying saves, yada, yada, yada. Everybody should be used of this story by now. Video by Iron Seagull...

ANOTHER CRITICAL ISSUE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgCLIAqb9uc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1377 Old Yesterday at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The fact that we have can use several vehicles but not a car is so wild.

They may purposely be holding them out for whatever time it feels right or makes sense, but consindering how buggy the game is they may not want to go through hassle of fixing them or not confident why they make not work (maybe think fans will dislike them for being animationless, if we had yet if ever will get realistic elevators).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#1378 Old Yesterday at 2:03 PM
One review of the newest expansion pack from SatchOnSims: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeR2BHwS-BEt. The review is honest and I think that EA should take notes.

What TS4 team needs do change is the quality control team which is small in numbers and not effective enough. I cannot believe that the main feature of Lovestruck is broken on launch! This is very unprofessional and there is no excuse for such gamebreaking bugs. Also, not enough cross-pack compability.
Field Researcher
#1379 Old Yesterday at 2:33 PM
The main feature of a pack is broken again? I don't even know what EAaxis is doing at this point.
Lab Assistant
#1380 Old Yesterday at 6:30 PM
Apparently the feature of pulling sims from the gallery for your date does not work. Also, date activites do not work because sims appear to always be distracted by something else. It is like when you try to sit sims at a restaurant or when you try to sit them at a wedding. At this point, I do not even know if the issue is fixable. SatchOnSims sums it up perfectly: something is wrong with the sims AI.

But, some modders (I forgot their names) have fixed DineOut and it works perfectly now. It also comes with so many new options like actually being a chef.
Mad Poster
#1381 Old Yesterday at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
They may purposely be holding them out for whatever time it feels right or makes sense, but consindering how buggy the game is they may not want to go through hassle of fixing them or not confident why they make not work (maybe think fans will dislike them for being animationless, if we had yet if ever will get realistic elevators).

It reminds me of a lesson I learned years ago about “high quality” items (in this case, high tier requests). There will never be a good time to release good content - just release it.

What are they waiting for? A drop in sales? It’s been a decade - release the content.

Same things with high an expensive candle you won’t burn. Why? Burn the candle. By the time you burn it, the candle has lost value and fragrance.

The same applies to highly requested content like cars - now, they have to retrofit several worlds to work around cars. Several gameplay systems to incorporate cars. It now requires more effort to create cars than it would have before that’s the best way to incorporate them is literally to have an object that allows Sims to teleport.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1382 Old Yesterday at 9:45 PM
It reminds me of a lesson I learned years ago about “high quality” items (in this case, high tier requests). There will never be a good time to release good content - just release it.

What are they waiting for? A drop in sales? It’s been a decade - release the content.

Same things with high an expensive candle you won’t burn. Why? Burn the candle. By the time you burn it, the candle has lost value and fragrance.

The same applies to highly requested content like cars - now, they have to retrofit several worlds to work around cars. Several gameplay systems to incorporate cars. It now requires more effort to create cars than it would have before that’s the best way to incorporate them is literally to have an object that allows Sims to teleport.

Yes, but do keep in mind: decorative cars turned into new traven screen mode might not cut it for most people. The fandom will question “why they dont drive the road” or “why Sims aren’t animated entering ‘em” which I suspect the reason why Devs are put down the idea to implement them just yet.

But yeah I agree. Simplest method is just add parking spots and cars as objects, so Sims have a place to put down in commercial lots after use.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#1383 Old Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Yes because if Sims drive, where would they drive to? The lots aren’t connected.

Lab Assistant
#1384 Old Today at 8:25 AM
The situation with cars is similar to the situation with the colour wheel. At the beginning of TS4 they were making lame excuses for not creating the colour wheel. Aparently they could not update so many assets and other excuses as such. But, now, the game has much more assets. They should have stopped pumping out DLCs until there is a colour wheel in the game, but everyone was complaining to no awail. Capitalism definitely means high in profit and low in quality.

TS4 team surely has less of ambition and there is also a lack of quality control. TS2 has all sorts of transportation vehicles besides boats and bicycles. TS3 added even more.
Theorist
#1385 Old Today at 10:41 AM
It is a strange time when even EA's Wall Street overlords are not impressed. Seeing "Sims" mentioned in these kinds of articles is rare. Either they're [ overlords] mad because cash cows are not being squeezed enough, there is something going on that we don't know about or a mix of both.

EA's Strong FY25 Start: Analysts Optimistic on Sports Titles but Cautious on Non-Sports Growth

Quote:
Overall, EA is off to a strong start in FY25, driven by its sports franchises. Still, the analyst’s lower conviction around non-sports titles (Apex, Sims) keeps on the sidelines given that much of the College Football upside is priced into shares trading at 17.5x FY26 adjusted EPS, Carpenter adds.

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ra...d=mw_quote_news

For those that don't know, FY25 stands for fiscal year 2025. The fiscal year is not the same as a regular calendar year.
Inventor
#1386 Old Today at 11:28 AM
I was stupid to think that after the emergency patches the game will run ok. So I updated the game and it's been a nightmare lol. It became unplayable in that the sims didn't do any actions anymore. They were resetting all of the time. After my investigations I found out, that I had to disable many packs of the game to get it into a playable state. So basically the game has become incompatible with its own stuff packs..

"I added each pack back in one by one and then doing the 50/50 method and determined that Stuff Packs 5-28 will cause this bug where animations are frozen, sims won't complete tasks and will just stand around dancing idly. If you remove ALL of those stuff packs the game works fine."

From: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...3906596#M284610

This is getting really ridiculous. 23 stuff packs is a lot! I can play the game now after I've deactivated them but now it crashes immediately to desktop after some minutes. As there is no error message, I don't know at this stage what the problem is. So I'm done with this game once more. And I know I sound repetitive but after all this struggles I will never buy anything from EA ever again!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Mad Poster
#1387 Old Today at 12:51 PM Last edited by matrix54 : Today at 1:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
The situation with cars is similar to the situation with the colour wheel. At the beginning of TS4 they were making lame excuses for not creating the colour wheel. Aparently they could not update so many assets and other excuses as such. But, now, the game has much more assets. They should have stopped pumping out DLCs until there is a colour wheel in the game, but everyone was complaining to no awail. Capitalism definitely means high in profit and low in quality.

TS4 team surely has less of ambition and there is also a lack of quality control. TS2 has all sorts of transportation vehicles besides boats and bicycles. TS3 added even more.

With 4, I'm unsure if it's a lack of ambition, a lack of budget (not the same as a lack of funds), or if the engine just can't handle what the developers throw at it.

All of that aside, I do not understand how a system derived from several other systems is lacking the same content. For example, bowling not being a date activity. All of the pieces are there, but they don't put them together. It's wild to me. At that point, making content along the line of repurposing old systems should be easy, but the content comes across as lacking. A color wheel is possible, but only by way of tinting an object. Anything CAST related is a no-go unless it's used for specific build items, but tinting items is still 100% possible.

If I can complain again, I'm also disappointed in the lack of counters. Given their inclusion in the Sims 2 and Sims 3, I was hoping for a more Spanish or Mission style tile counter. I would have even taken a recolor of the base game counters (as I'm aware counters are expensive as hell to produce).

Yes because if Sims drive, where would they drive to? The lots aren’t connected.

Also, to follow up on this, I don't want cars to drive them. I want for these reasons:

1. A car can serve as a multifunction item on a lot: A place to talk, listen to music and woohoo.

2. It serves as a hobby or business, as sims can tune them up and drive them or sell them.

3. Sims can teach younger Sims how to drive.

4. It would also be an alarm if burglars were ever introduced.

5. Most importantly, it's a sensible money sink for sims with extra money to spare.

We wouldn't even need a lot of cars to own, just a fair amount of recolors.

1. A Lemon Sedan

2. A New Sedan

3. A Pickup Truck

4. An SUV

5. A Luxury Electric Car

6. A Sports Car

To think, TS3 has an entire stuff pack devoted to cars and car culture.

Inventor
#1388 Old Today at 6:26 PM
With 4, I'm unsure if it's a lack of ambition, a lack of budget (not the same as a lack of funds), or if the engine just can't handle what the developers throw at it.

When it comes to cars - have you tried this mod here: https://adeepindigomods.itch.io/simnation-travel

It ticks some of the points you mentioned.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Page 56 of 56