Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 7:27 PM Last edited by wthrwthoutyu : 8th Aug 2024 at 3:24 AM.
Grassy plants I used to have (also hostas) FOUND! BuggyBooz Plants
I've come back to playing the Sims 2 for the first time in about five years and I'm remembering plants I used to have. I don't remember where I found them back in the day, I don't remember who made them and I'm not sure how to describe the first one (though I'll try). I'm not being very helpful, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone has any clues.

I do know that I've looked through all the Build Mode plants here on MTS2 and it's not here. It may not even have come from here.

A) The first one was outdoor landscaping plants. When you clicked on it in build mode and the little panel of recolors came up, it not only had different colors, it had different meshes. So what looked like one plant was actually several. Those plants included ferns, grassy plant things and I believe hostas. Or there was another mod like it that was all about hostas. There were not any flowers, just greenery. It was good mod work, very versatile for adding fill-in greenery to any landscaping and I'd love to have it again if it's still available anywhere. As I remember the post I got it from, the creators talked about how happy they were they managed to get this object to reference different meshes using the design tool.

B) I'm also looking for a grass that came in a couple sizes, and this I have one picture of, which I'll attach. The picture has the largest size, it also came it either one or two smaller sizes. This one also isn't on MTS2 as far as I can tell.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 8:55 PM
The plant on the picture is the jumbo grass from the Verdant Velvet garden set by buggybooz, the meshes were reuploaded here with some recolors:
https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5391

The first one could be the "fugly fern" in this set, as far as I know it uses only one mesh but it does have recolors making it look like a hosta and other leafy plants
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
The plant on the picture is the jumbo grass from the Verdant Velvet garden set by buggybooz, the meshes were reuploaded here with some recolors:
https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5391

The first one could be the "fugly fern" in this set, as far as I know it uses only one mesh but it does have recolors making it look like a hosta and other leafy plants

That's it, right there, the verdant grass and fugly fern. Wow, you're amazing, thank you so much!

If anyone is looking, there's a link to an SFS download of the the buggybooz originals including planters in the comments at Buggy's Retreat. buggybooz fugly fern, verdant grass and planters