Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2024 at 3:18 PM Last edited by kiddypatches : 5th Jul 2024 at 8:09 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim can't throw party on home lot?
Hi all. I recently started playing Sims 3 again after an almost four year hiatus. As of right now, in a new save, I have a Sim who I want to throw a party at her house for campaign fundraising for her job in the political career. Only problem is...she will dial the phone, do that usual laugh Sims do when getting a service or inviting someone over, then immediately hangs up the phone. The dialogue box for parties doesn't even show up (what type, what time, etc.). I didn't try it completely, but it seemed to work for "Throw party at...", as it showed me the world map, but I canceled it since I prefer parties on home lots.

This bug also has stopped my Sim being able to have a repairman come over to fix things. Same thing: dials, chuckles and requests something, hang up, and then poof, no repairman was called. I had to use NRaas Debug Enabler to force repair things.

As for mods, I have most NRaas mods installed (I even did MC "Reset everything," but that didn't fix my problem, either), a lot of Sweet Simmer's mods, LD's mod from Tumblr where it adds a lot of Sims to community lots so the game is more lively, a couple others I don't remember at the moment that are recent, and the same random mods I've used in the past with no issues in regards to throwing parties. She also can't collect stuff. She'll pick up collectibles, but it won't appear in her inventory, and she walks inside the grocery store and immediately back out. Everything else is fine, she can socialize normally.

For NRaas, I have: MC, Story Progression, Woohooer, Vector, Careers, Debug Enabler, Portrait Panel, Retuner, Mover, Traveler, Go Here, Register, Decensor, No CD, Tagger, and Hybrid.

I removed Error Trap and Overwatch, because they both conflict heavily with one of my newer mods.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

ETA: The only thing I can think of that *maybe* has something to do with this is, my Sim died randomly at work (probably some mod, but idk which), something about choking on her lunch, and since I didn't want her to die so soon after starting a new game, I NRaas ResetSim on her. If that or not, I don't know how to fix it. I even fed her ambrosia for the hell of it, nope. Still not working.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jul 2024 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
I removed Error Trap and Overwatch, because they both conflict heavily with one of my newer mods.

Considering that none of the mods mentioned by name are ones I know to be incompatible with these two, this new addition wouldn't happen to have the initials KW would it? The one infamous for mangling saves beyond repair?
If that is the mod being used, this save is likely toast.

If that's not what's in play, without ErrorTrap providing a log of what error is happening there are next to no other leads to go on.
I'd personally never play without ET and OW, as there are number of EA bugs that can bring the game to a halt before even tossing mods into the mix, but your best bet if you really must forgo those two would be to 50/50 the contents of your Mods folder and see if either half are causing this behaviour and narrow it down from there.

The death reset is dodgy, though not necessarily related. There may be data only ET/OW could clean up in regard to that, but DebugEnabler also has a Fix Homeworld option that you might find useful for strange behaviour on specific sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2024 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Considering that none of the mods mentioned by name are ones I know to be incompatible with these two, this new addition wouldn't happen to have the initials KW would it? The one infamous for mangling saves beyond repair?
If that is the mod being used, this save is likely toast.

If that's not what's in play, without ErrorTrap providing a log of what error is happening there are next to no other leads to go on.
I'd personally never play without ET and OW, as there are number of EA bugs that can bring the game to a halt before even tossing mods into the mix, but your best bet if you really must forgo those two would be to 50/50 the contents of your Mods folder and see if either half are causing this behaviour and narrow it down from there.

The death reset is dodgy, though not necessarily related. There may be data only ET/OW could clean up in regard to that, but DebugEnabler also has a Fix Homeworld option that you might find useful for strange behaviour on specific sims.

Thanks for the reply! I fiddled with things a few hours after posting, and I think it was the resetsim on her dying that was the issue. You're correct in that RS makes things dodgy. To check, I force killed her with MC, went to a different household and used the Philosopher's Stone to bind her ghost, fed her ambrosia, and bam, back to normal. Parties, inventory, etc all working again.

One of those things you don't think about trying until after you ask for help lol.