Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#251 Old 10th Sep 2024 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
Another quote from the video above: "When I played The Sims for over 10 years, I realized that my biggest motivator for coming back to play was the new content that gets uploaded to the gallery."

I really disagree with this statement. I've been playing TS2 for almost 20 years (soon it will be more than 20: its birthday is on September 14), meaning that the game had no official new content since 2008. What is driving me are the stories I can (try to) tell: some come out fine and some end in complete disaster, but either way, it's great fun.

And another point: obviously, InZOI developers are only looking at and competing with TS4. I think that is a big mistake. It seems that Paralives will easily beat them in the gameplay department, and if (admittedly a very big IF) EA has any brains left, so could TS5.

I strongly agree. Beating TS4 is a low bar. Any new Life simulation game needs to aim higher. At least for me, they need to be better than TS3. Right now, I'm not seeing that. At all.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#252 Old Yesterday at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
What is driving me are the stories I can (try to) tell: some come out fine and some end in complete disaster, but either way, it's great fun.

I agree; the Sims 2 is such a great sandbox for storytelling. So far we've seen that the zoi interactions are rather shallow- nothing really seems to have consequence, and even the world settings for disorder just seem to end up with a different texture on things and (cosmetic?) fires. Maybe this is just that the players who have tested this game haven't shown us this- but I think it's more likely that it's not there (yet at least).

We can console ourselves that it looks very good though:

Source- u/Shesleeps22 on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/inZOI/comm...i_have_created/
More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/inZOI/comm...ve_made_so_far/
Screenshots
Page 11 of 11