Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:37 PM
Default Mods for my world challenge and maybe some help
Hello, I created a world where I will have some challenge for example have enough food for the winter type stuff. It is supposed to be an ancient world and all my sims are Asian based(since there isn't enough Asian cc, I just mixed it up). Every 5 to 10 generations, the sims learn new stuff to make life easy for example some sims looked at lightening and made lights from it. Basically, that type of challenge. My problem is I can't find any mods to stop bills from coming therefore it stops the repo man. I really need that type of mod for my game. I tried every thread that I could search but the mod is either not there or the site is gone. I also want to know if there is a mod to stop npc's from spawning, they look really out of place in my world and there is no jobs for them either because the world is in the ancient stage of things. I would love to know if there is a mod to stop the mail people from coming too if that is ok.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:49 PM
I also have a question, how do you turn package files into sims cc? I tried to get the rock water fall shower but it was a package file and I could not figure out how to get it in my sims 3 cc folder
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soulun
I also have a question, how do you turn package files into sims cc? I tried to get the rock water fall shower but it was a package file and I could not figure out how to get it in my sims 3 cc folder

Have you set up your mod's folder yet? If not follow this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P-8YHtKEN4, and then put your package files into,.. well the package folder!

Shall we repose for a moment, with a tune? Shall it be a capriccio, or a serenade?
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 10:04 PM
Hello, I created a world where I will have some challenge for example have enough food for the winter type stuff. It is supposed to be an ancient world and all my sims are Asian based(since there isn't enough Asian cc, I just mixed it up). Every 5 to 10 generations, the sims learn new stuff to make life easy for example some sims looked at lightening and made lights from it. Basically, that type of challenge. My problem is I can't find any mods to stop bills from coming therefore it stops the repo man. I really need that type of mod for my game. I tried every thread that I could search but the mod is either not there or the site is gone. I also want to know if there is a mod to stop npc's from spawning, they look really out of place in my world and there is no jobs for them either because the world is in the ancient stage of things. I would love to know if there is a mod to stop the mail people from coming too if that is ok.

No More Bills mod: https://web.archive.org/web/2016120...c,107935.0.html

Now for NPCs, that wouldn't be possible as we usually need them for the game's core functions (you can't delete the Grim Reaper for example). However, if you want to do things like cancel the newspaper every morning so you don't see that NPC, you can do so via your phone -> call for services -> cancel newspaper. A lot of NPCs can be avoided if you don't do certain actions (like order pizza, get a babysitter, hire a maid). I don't often see many Sims fufilling NPC roles around the world unless I've triggered them anyway.

Also, if you're looking for Asian CC still, I've found a few CC dumps lying around. I need to know where in Asia your Sims are based to help out with that though (so like Korea, Malaysia, Thailand?? ect).

Shall we repose for a moment, with a tune? Shall it be a capriccio, or a serenade?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lastolympian
No More Bills mod: https://web.archive.org/web/2016120...c,107935.0.html

Now for NPCs, that wouldn't be possible as we usually need them for the game's core functions (you can't delete the Grim Reaper for example). However, if you want to do things like cancel the newspaper every morning so you don't see that NPC, you can do so via your phone -> call for services -> cancel newspaper. A lot of NPCs can be avoided if you don't do certain actions (like order pizza, get a babysitter, hire a maid). I don't often see many Sims fufilling NPC roles around the world unless I've triggered them anyway.

Also, if you're looking for Asian CC still, I've found a few CC dumps lying around. I need to know where in Asia your Sims are based to help out with that though (so like Korea, Malaysia, Thailand?? ect).

Thank you! the no bills mod will be very helpful. Sadly, I did do the package file that way, but the item did not show up in build mode. It is marvine waterfall shower and rocks but it just won't show up when I install it like a normal package file in my mods so I was wondering if it is another way I can do it. I see alot of cc build items/clothes that are like this
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 5:46 AM Last edited by lastolympian : 18th Aug 2024 at 7:15 AM. Reason: broken link
Thank you! the no bills mod will be very helpful. Sadly, I did do the package file that way, but the item did not show up in build mode. It is marvine waterfall shower and rocks but it just won't show up when I install it like a normal package file in my mods so I was wondering if it is another way I can do it. I see alot of cc build items/clothes that are like this

If you're referring to this specific CAS item, that's because it is made for the Sims 2, and the Sims 3 doesn't support custom content from any other game. Don't worry though, I've found something very similar by Sandy, which is this outdoor set that includes a waterfall shower: https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/...utdoor_41.shtml (had to write it like this because the link keeps breaking).
Remember to place down the rocks when you're building your lot, as that makes the waterfall function as a shower.

If you need any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 3:19 PM
If you're referring to this specific CAS item, that's because it is made for the Sims 2, and the Sims 3 doesn't support custom content from any other game. Don't worry though, I've found something very similar by Sandy, which is this outdoor set that includes a waterfall shower: https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/...utdoor_41.shtml (had to write it like this because the link keeps breaking).
Remember to place down the rocks when you're building your lot, as that makes the waterfall function as a shower.

If you need any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Omg I'm so dumb, I really thought it was for sims 3 since I searched "waterfall shower for sims 3" in the search bar. Man, I should have double checked, thank you so much for your help. I really appreciated it!
Inventor
#8 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 3:32 PM
Omg I'm so dumb, I really thought it was for sims 3 since I searched "waterfall shower for sims 3" in the search bar. Man, I should have double checked, thank you so much for your help. I really appreciated it!

Search engines are stupid, and do not understand the difference between 2, 3, and 4. I suggest downloading Dashboard, and checking for other non-TS3 mods. They can crash your game, or cause other problems.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Aug 2024 at 3:51 PM
Thank you guys! I did find the shower rocks in game but I cant find the waterfall for the rocks
Test Subject
#10 Old Yesterday at 10:57 AM
Have you set up your mod's folder yet? If not follow this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P-8YHtKEN4, and then put your package files into,.. well the package folder!

Thank you for the video, I wanted to install Mod but I was facing a problem. But not anymore. Thank you once again.