Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 7:39 AM Last edited by AstrosimGR : 25th Aug 2024 at 8:20 AM.
Default Island Lot Issue
Hello there, i was so excited to build an Island lot so i started by leveling down the ground in most of the lot and add a foundation as a port to it connected to the remaining ground terrain.
When i click to the lot with my sim to go there nothing happens and my sim can't go there .
The only way that i was able to go was by swimming outside the lot and then by clicking "Go here" inside the lot but again this isn't the safe way because any sim that wanted to go there was getting stucked into the taxi boat..
I started this lot months ago and i tried everything so any suggestion would be helpful.

*It has nothing to do with the lot assignment , im almost sure that the problem is the ground.Maybe there is a kind of restriction/rule by EA on Island lots on how ground must be Idk *
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 1:22 PM Last edited by daisylee : 26th Aug 2024 at 3:07 PM.
As I cannot sleep and nobody has said anything, what world is this? Can you post a photo? And what are you trying to do? I have done islands 2 ways. If early I do a flat run from the mainland and create new area. I then level the sea as it was and fix the mainland coastland and go from there.

A few times when that was not the best thing to do I just dropped a lot in the ocean, which it looks like what you have done. I then lower terrain to sculpt a natural island and take the water down to match the ocean so you cannot see the lot edge. If doing a port I follow the port rules and run the dock from the water to the land. If you want water taxi access be sure routing allows it.

My only guess now is that the surrounding area is too high and that is causing problems? Others can weigh in on this. I am not home now but when am if I remember will get a photo of a lot I dropped in that works and has a working port.

edit: how big is that lot? It does not look big enough to dock a houseboat?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 3:05 PM
Hello
I found out that it was above a routing area (in Bridgeport) so i thought this was the problem and I changed the area that i was placing the lot but the problem is still there.
When i just place the empty lot and then i place my build on it everything its fine but when i start leveling the ground (even if i keep the standard height of the foundation to the sea) sims can't enter to the lot.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 3:11 PM
Why are you leveling/raising the main section of the lot and not just lowering the rest? I am not sure if Bridgeport uses a water plane or not? Probably not but if so if that might have an effect on what you are doing? Have you dropped lots in the water in other worlds and it worked? And done ports that work?

I have only done a few lots this way and when did I left the height at the land level as the lot was placed and did not alter it. Not sure if that matters or not?

Others will chime in here I am sure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 5:31 PM
Actually i don't want to place a houseboat , i just want sims can enter the lot i want to leveling the most of it because i want only a small land so my sims can enter the lot
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 7:28 PM
Why did you raise it above the sea level height when it was placed? And you have not lowered the rest to eliminate the lot boundaries. Maybe none of this makes any difference, but something is messing it up and so far those are the things that stand out as possible issues? As said, have you done this with success in any other world? Drop a lot in another world and do nothing to it and see if sims can access? And do another in Bridgeport where you have not altered it.

I am not home so cannot do any tests now. I have dropped lots in several worlds though in the past that work with no problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 8:18 PM
You're right i have to test it in another world first. I don't raise the sea level height , i normaly just drag the foundation towards to the remaining island i keep the ground that i want to build on it and i level down the rest for the sea to be around it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 3:32 AM Last edited by daisylee : 27th Aug 2024 at 3:51 AM.
Let me drop a lot in Bridgeport. It is too dark so did in IP. I see game does put lot up a bit. I was able to place a lot, a Sim took a taxi there, it dropped her there, and she was fine.

Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 5:06 AM
As routing doesn't get rebuilt ingame to match changes made in the world editor, it's possible that this is just a side effect of worlds that predate the Island Paradise patch. Bridgeport may lack the routing data required to make much use of the water.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Let me drop a lot in Bridgeport. It is too dark so did in IP. I see game does put lot up a bit. I was able to place a lot, a Sim took a taxi there, it dropped her there, and she was fine.

This is exactly how my lot terrain looks like before start to elevate the rest that i dont want , to be more specific im trying to keep part of the ground at the center of the lot and make the rest to be water and when i do this my sims can't enter the lot , maybe the ground has to be in the edge of the lot idk
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 6:48 PM Last edited by daisylee : 27th Aug 2024 at 7:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
As routing doesn't get rebuilt ingame to match changes made in the world editor, it's possible that this is just a side effect of worlds that predate the Island Paradise patch. Bridgeport may lack the routing data required to make much use of the water.

Let me drop a lot in another earlier world and see what happens?

And per prior post we can lower to have water in much of lot and it still works fine, at least for me. I will see if I can find a photo of a particular lot done?

edit: I just placed a lot in Bridgeport, did some terrain lowering, sent a Sim there, and no problems. Let me get photos.

Will post out of order I am sure. So I am not totally sure what original poster wants or what is issue, but all is working for me. If anyone else has any ideas ...?

Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 7:14 PM
Me bad double post...... here are 2 dropped islands I did in past. All works for them.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 8:44 PM
hmmm it seems that it works for you , i"ll make some changes and also try it to a different area or world , and i'll let you know