Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 12:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default This package requires Expansion Pack data this is not installed
OK I don't believe I have seen this question before - When I double click the packaged sims 2 pet that I downloaded from Sims 2 Resource, this is what appears: "This package requires Expansion Pack data this is not installed". Now how can this be? I have installed Sims 2 Pets and I have been playing this pets that I have made and even ones that I have downloaded from other sites. But these ones I get this! What do I do?
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 1:08 PM
You need to open it with Pets Bodyshop installer, and it seems as though your game is defaulting to an older version. I found this very problematic in my game- but what you need to do is to right click on a sims2pack, choose open with> choose program and browse to Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2Pets/ CS Bin/ Package Installer.exe. Hopefully that will make all sims2packs open with the pets installer. However, my computer still refused to do this, so I ended up just dragging the sims2pack I wanted to install onto the Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2Pets/ CS Bin/ Package Installer.exe icon, and that did the trick. Alternatively, try the Clean Installer.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Stupid people are stupid
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 2:19 PM
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 7:56 PM
Ah, I didn't know about that article- however it is incorrect in saying the only workaround is to use the CleanInstaller; dragging the file to the Package installer icon definitely works. I had the Lycos Dog from one of the European websites, and for some reason the dog just would not install correctly with the Clean Installer. I had to use the Pets Bodyshop Installer.

Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 10:19 PM
Thank you very much. My computer is doing this and it appears to be working. I will let you know once I get into the game. Thank you again.
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2006 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ah, I didn't know about that article- however it is incorrect in saying the only workaround is to use the CleanInstaller; dragging the file to the Package installer icon definitely works. I had the Lycos Dog from one of the European websites, and for some reason the dog just would not install correctly with the Clean Installer. I had to use the Pets Bodyshop Installer.

Okay, didn't know it was incorrect. I stumbled across that article a couple of days ago.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old Today at 4:38 AM
had the Lycos Dog from one of the European websites,

I don't suppose you still have the download? I've been searching for it, and every place I've found is either dead or "you must register, but there's nobody home to accept your registration." Thank you so much.

Click this.
Mad Poster
#8 Old Today at 4:52 AM
^ Highly doubt it, since the topic is nearly 18 years old, and the OP hasn't been active here in at least 4-5 years.
retired moderator
#9 Old Today at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elfpuddle
I don't suppose you still have the download? I've been searching for it, and every place I've found is either dead or "you must register, but there's nobody home to accept your registration." Thank you so much.

Try this one:
https://simfileshare.net/download/5068585/

Lab Assistant
#10 Old Today at 2:59 PM
Try this one:
https://simfileshare.net/download/5068585/

Thank you! God Bless Sims CC Hoarders!!

Click this.
retired moderator
#11 Old Today at 3:21 PM
It's only the collar unfortunately, there was a dog (which just looked like a standard black lab) and a sim with house too, but I don't seem to have kept those.