Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#976 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 10:34 PM
Vicky Christina Barcelona. Two women go on vacation in Barcelona, where an attractive painter tries to seduce both of them -- and does, although not together as he would like. Enjoyed the scenery (Spain is gorgeous!), and will never say no to seeing Scarlett Johannson or Penelope Cruz, but i wasn't into the story.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#977 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 6:56 PM
Boogie Nights, 1997. Star-filled cast involving Burt Reynolds trying to get Mark Wahlberg to do adult film in the ‘70s/’80s. Appearances by a bunch of known actors. Nice music. Cars were tolerable. Dug the chick on rollerskates.

Mean Streets. 1973. Early Scorcese film about the New York Mafia, featuring a young Robert de Niro (pre-Taxi Driver), as well as a youngish David Proval, better known as Richie Aprile from The Sopranoes. I was surprised he was the only Sopranoes actor I recognized. Good music, NYC at night is pretty. Possible shot of WTC towers right after construction, but not positive. Never really got into the film.
Theorist
#978 Old 5th Aug 2024 at 2:31 PM
I watched half of 'Eating Raoul' two nights ago. It is terminally stoopid. I might not bother with the second half.
Theorist
#979 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 7:15 AM
Eating Raoul (1982): A relatively boring Los Angeles couple discovers a bizarre, if not murderous, way to get funding for opening a restaurant.
Bad (1-4)
Forum Resident
#980 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 12:39 AM
Resident Evil: Death Island (1/10)

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...it got worse. Just like Resident Evil: Vendetta, this movie has such bad writing and lack of understanding about the characters. Like there's so many things that seem out of character for Chris, Jill, Leon, Rebecca, etc. The villain has no logic behind the acts he commits. It's like poorly written fan-fiction and I hope Capcom separates these CGI movies from the games and no longer, if they ever were, consider to be canon.

From Vendetta: Oh no, you killed my beautiful bride and now instead of getting revenge on the people responsible for that attack, I'm just going cause havoc on innocent people that had absolutely nothing to do with the trauma and anguish I endured. Hahaha.

Yeah, it's that bad. The writing in the game goes like: When I was young, I found out my parents were killed in a work-related accident but when I grew up I discovered the truth and it was all a cover up from a pharmaceutical company called Umbrella. Eventually I joined the BSAA to fight against bioterrorism which is what caused my parents and all other lives demise.

And I know I'm not the only one who notices that in the CGI movies they keep using real world cities, which in the game as far as I know, they never used real cities. It's usually a fictional location alongside a real world location.

Raccoon City (A fictional mid-western town, USA) RE1/2/3
Dulvey, Louisiana (Fictional city, real USA state) RE7
Kijuju, Africa (Fictional Country, real continent) RE5
Unnamed Rural Village, Spain (Fictional rural village, real country) RE4
Tall Oaks, USA (Fictional city, real country) RE6
Lanshiang, China (Fictional city, real country) RE6
Edonia Republic, Europe (Fictional country, real continent) RE6
Unnamed village, Europe (Fictional village, real continent) RE8
Etc.

So it seems these CGI movies are mostly fan service but even then, it starts not making any sense and nothing works because it lacks cohesion and good storytelling skills.

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Current Game(s): ObsCure and Cyberpunk 2077
Theorist
#981 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 6:25 AM
The Wrecking Crew (2008): A celebration of the musical work of a group of session musicians known as "The Wrecking Crew", a band that provided back-up instrumentals to such legendary recording artists as Frank Sinatra, The Beach Boys and Bing Crosby.
Very Good (8-10)
Page 40 of 40