Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 10:33 PM
Default Live the Life
Has anyone tried out this game on Steam?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/.../Live_the_Life/

Early access, apparently it's been in development for a few years and going very slowly. But looks promising maybe?

Characters kinda remind me of those from Life By You.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 11:52 PM
I've seen extensive gameplay of it from a youtuber. It's very much in the GTA realm of things to me. Not a negative, just an observation. Haven't tried it myself.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Aug 2024 at 7:17 AM
I haven't tried this, but I have noticed some positive reviews. However the negative reports did put me off, reports of game interrupting bugs. Are you going to try it it @simsample?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2024 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kkffoo
Are you going to try it it @simsample?

I'd like to, but at the moment I don't have a gaming computer fit to play anything modern on! The only thing I've played for a long time have been Sims and Cities Skylines, so I need to build something to bring me into this century!
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 8:12 PM Last edited by pico22 : 2nd Sep 2024 at 8:32 PM.
Watched a video about the early game. It was fun (though more because of the commentator than because of the game) but I also noticed that it was three years old, and the game is still in early access. Combine that with reviews and discussions in which hordes of bugs are constantly mentioned, and it does not look very promising, even with all the sex that is heavily hinted at in the trailers.

So, its main point is the first person view, but even in this it already has a competitor, Denizen that came out in April; also in early access, a bit more expensive but with much better reviews. A while ago I played its demo: not disappointing but not inspiring either.

I think I'll pass both games. Maybe the third one will get it right or maybe the fourth: the (sub)genre certainly looks interesting.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 8:07 PM
Looks promising. I should evaluate it.

I am currently in the middle of renovations.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)