2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 6:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default The Sims 3 game data was not found
So, I've got Sims 3 1.67.2 via Steam and I can't get Create a World to work.

So, first off, the Create a World site no longer seems to work as the login system just doesn't exist anymore. Searching all over the internet, I found a post here with direct downloads to both 1.67 and 1.69 versions. I was able to get it downloaded, but then it said I didn't have the game installed, so I had to go and edit my Registry to make the Steam install be read as a retail install. This allowed it to install, but once that was done it won't launch. It tells me it couldn't find the game data and closes. I have tried moving the Create a World folder into my Steam install and I tried moving my game install into the Program Files/Electronic Arts where the Create a World is. Neither work. What is going on here?

My searches online mention downloading the MOST recent version of Create a World and making sure the game is at the latest available patch. Well, Create a World can't be downloaded from it's original source anymore, so I assume it was never updated, and 1.67.2 does indeed to seem to be the most recent version available to Steam and retail users.