2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 7:08 AM Last edited by wafumayo : Today at 7:45 AM. Reason: Noticed a new possibility for my problem

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Game crashes to desktop when I go to a community lot and it's snowy
Hello. I've recently had time to play The Sims 3 on my new PC and I've been encountering my fair share of issues. The most recent one has me really stumped though. Every time the game gets cold and even frost appears on the ground, if I tab over to a community lot, the game will crash to desktop. I've troubleshooted by setting up a new save and going to a community lot in the summer with no issue. Then, in that same save, I cheated it to winter with low snow on the ground, and the game crashed to desktop almost immediately. I've also troubleshooted by entering the game with no CC save for the nointro mod, and the same thing happens, leading me to think that it's nothing to do with a mod and rather, something to do with graphics.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super in a Windows 11. I've updated my graphics rules and graphics cards in my game files to reflect this. I also use the Alder Lake patch and always Run As Administrator when launching the game. I recently updated my graphics driver, as well as updated C++ in case that was an issue. Nada. I'm curious if there's anything else I might need to do in order to let the game run properly when it snows.

While I did not get a ScriptError (yet), I did get this exception info:
[Exception info]
date: 2024-10-09
time: 22.53.15
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000034
address: 0x7c2a4e65 "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxilconv.dll":0x0001:0x00013e65

Edit: I'm actually noticing something right now. The exception is talking about the C drive and I've installed my Sims on my D drive since that has more space. Would that discrepancy affect anything? I was also thinking maybe it was Reshade shenanigans, but my main save file crashes even with Reshade off. Strangely enough, turning Reshade off was what fixed the problem in my test file so I don't know what in the world is going on now.

Hopefully that helps. I can try and play enough for the game to generate a Script Error as well though, if that's more useful.

Thank you.