Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#8976 Old 19th Aug 2024 at 3:56 AM
With Justin off to college and Jason and Marissa starting to feel their age weigh on them, they moved out of their apartment which required an uncomfortable number of stairs to reach for something much more elder-appropriate. If Justin ever wants to visit he'll have his room (with a private bathroom!) upstairs, while the parents can live their lives without ever again going up a flight of stairs.

Editor's note: I hate the Cleveland's apartment and I always wanted to move them out. I'm tempted to just bulldoze that stupid lot, it's hideous.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8977 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Well, ever since I accidentally ruined the secret society for my university, I've been looking for a way to have some socialization opportunities in my uni hood since I now have ~35 young adults at uni at any given time and I want easy ways for them to make new friends outside their existing social circle without me having to create and maintain a bunch of Greek houses.

I finished the others over the weekend. I didn't do one for all 12 majors because some majors don't have a lot of sims and also how do I make an entire (usable) building about philosophy. Also they got more detailed as I moved to majors with more related objects and decor, like sciences and art.

-Science (biology, physics)
-Mathematics
-Liberal Arts (history, psychology, philosophy)
-Drama
-Art

My most recent graduating class had 8 members, who I'm now moving back to the hood and getting them set up with jobs and decent outfits. Twins William and Josephine Carrington aged up into a lab coat, and a croptop, shorts and fishnet tights combo respectively.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8978 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 7:11 AM
Since my old Strangetown hood has kinda gone off the rails over the years, I wanted to go back to the original residents, but as a prequel of sorts this time with a small twist. Using Ezlla's Strangetown, only bigger map, I have it split between a government/research housing section and a small middle of nowhere town dubbed "Pladdervale" that is heavily based on the dark comedy horror video game "Harvester"

A.P. Vandermorgan is a weapons manufacturing mogul. The Salamis and Beaker families are immigrants that somewhat recently moved in due to their research careers. Glarn Curious's more progressive views on extraterrestrial life creates a rift between him and General Chip Grunt's family.

Glabe Curious (somewhat estranged twin sister of Glarn in this timeline) takes care of Lola and Chloe, and later the Nigmos family will end up living here.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8979 Old 20th Aug 2024 at 7:32 PM
Dina Goth gave birth to twins, Morgan and Proserpina. The children are clearly Mortimer's, both have his skintone. As such, Mortimer decided to try and patch things up with Dina after catching her with Don. After all, he hasn't got long left to live, so he wants to make sure the twins are well looked after. Since the birth, Cassandra and daughter Isabella moved in with Don so that their bedroom could be turned into a nursery for the twins. She has been rolling wants for Don (whom she is divorced from) but Don is rolling wants to play with his daughter, and to flirt with Brandi Broke, whom he met that morning.

Nina also gave birth today, to Lucina Lothario. She hasn't told Don yet, but she's hoping that Don will finally realise he loves her and wants to be a family. I'm not sure that will happen though.

Darren married Florence. She moved in, selling her flower business but opening up a small flower shop in BV with the money from selling her house.

Brandi gave birth to her fourth boy, Buddy Broke. The father is Gordon King. She's finally out of aspiration failure for the first time since I started playing her, though still isn't rolling any wants towards her sons. She invited John Burb around, things between him and Jennifer have been rocky since they moved to Pleasantview. I'm going to divorce them next rotation... which is probably for the best because Brandi autonomously kissed John, woohooed him and is now pregnant.

I resurrected Tango Caliente last rotation. The way I'm playing; he faked his own death years ago due to some drama (lots of cheating etc) but has since moved to Pleasantview to be closer to his nieces now he's getting old. I'm not really sure what to do with him, but I'm thinking of stirring up some drama somehow.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#8980 Old Yesterday at 10:01 PM
College is so crazy.

Sam Thomas invited her fiancée Loren to move into the dorm, I figured instead of playing 2 separate dorms, I'd move in Loren's 5 siblings too. Well. Throughout the 2 semesters I played, Sam made out with both Orion and Patrick Teens. I ended up sending Patrick to a Greek House just to get them away from each other. Kestrel and Swan are my favourites, they didn't exist in my megahood - I only remade Orion, as he was my favourite. Kinda worried though that 5 of 6 Tricou teens want to become criminal masterminds. Loren wants 6 grandchildren for some reason.

Similar to Sam Thomas, I made the mistake of moving Angela in with 3 male roommates. I kinda left them to their own thing while I was tidying my bedroom. Came back periodically to maxmotives, remind them to study or double check noone missed any final exams (sorry Jared Starchild). By the end of her freshman year, all 3 of Angela's roommates (including 1 that was engaged and another with a girlfriend) were in love. I swear my college sims are just bored.

The only household not focused on love and affairs is the sorority house. Heather has been trying to hide her pregnancy from her sorority sisters but.. that got kinda difficult when she gave birth to twin boys just as she was suppose to be going to her final exam. She of course failed her exam and got put on academic probation. Elijah and Mason are pretty cute though. Heather's had to move out of the sorority to raise them. She's only got her Senior year left at least. The father is Joshua Ruben. Which I had no idea about until my "choose a last name" mod told me. I was actually expecting Martin Ruben.

And a final unexpected pregnancy, which didn't happen in uni but I forgot about it until now. DENISE JACQUET(!) got pregnant with Tango Caliente's baby. I completely forgot I had a "pregnancy" mod for elders (they get the baby chime, but the pregnancy doesn't progress at all so I have to use the "Create baby with X" mod). I wasn't going to let her have the baby, but then I decided to anyway because I wanna refill the adoption pool since the Tinker's want to marry off 6 children and in my game they're infertile. So off popped Maria Jacquet into the adoption pool after a cuddle from Denise. She's only got a few days left of life so it's for the best.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#8981 Old Yesterday at 10:04 PM
The youngest Appleby kid made a muffin and I had to go to the local shop to get myself one (they are even bigger than the one the kids make, and absolutely delicious ).

Toddlers in the hood growing up fast now, and some of the kids are on the verge of becoming teens. It always makes me a bit sad when they grow up - but they are going to make a bunch of awesome teens! There is the sloppy one, just leaving the food plate on the table. The neat one, who started cleaning the bathroom with bubbles everywhere the moment she became a child. The outgoing one who already has 7 friends. The active one, who can't sit still. The fat little one who likes to eat. The one who loves her little brother and the one who does not like her little sister.

4 toddlers left for now, 23 kids in total, who have learned to talk and walk and sing nursery rhymes (no wonder I am exhausted). The next generation is alive and well .
Forum Resident
#8982 Old Today at 12:20 AM
Liana Caliente died of old age the same day her best friend Nayru's Love Ramirez, who lives on the retirement lot with his dad Link, grew up to an adult. The father and son then spent the evening having a drink or four in honour of their friend.

Egoraptor Schwissenbaum proposed to Joakim Picaso, who said yes.

He also had his aunt Sal-Lee and sister Mycaruba over after work. Egoraptor and Mycaruba didn't grow up together, so they'd just meet once in a while when their father had her over, or he visited her and brought Egoraptor with her. But now as adults they've started hanging out on their own accord and have become friends, which I really like.

Neighbours/roomies and best friends Anni-Frid Picaso and Stellan Tinker took their relationship to the next level when Anni-Frid suddenly decided to go and kiss Stellan, causing them to instantly fall in love with each other.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#8983 Old Today at 5:38 AM
Fun times at La Fiesta Tech, now that ACR is reinstalled! At Middleton dorm, Oliver West and Daniel Reeves were both crushing on Fiona Britton and begging her for a First Kiss, and she kept turning them both down because she's engaged to Dax Cantrell and very much a one-man woman. Eventually she Friend-Zoned Oliver, who went off on a marathon piano-playing jag (something he often does anyway), while Daniel gave up and transferred his attentions to Mamie Garrett, and finally got his First Kiss. (Note: Oliver, Daniel and Mamie are Dormies, Fiona and Dax are Playables.)

At La Choya, Gilda Stokes Booty-called Tycho Curious, but they couldn't get any privacy, so had to settle for some fairly heavy making out.

At Oresha-Hoh-Var, Lucien Cole had rather better luck, because the frat house has a "private room" for the frat brothers' use. He called up LaQueen Holmes (she's a full adult and several years older than he is), and she came and obliged him. It was his first time, but I don't think it was hers. (LaQueen is BiCurious with a bias toward men.)

At Oasis, rather unexpectedly, Leejah Curious developed a mutual crush with dormmate Ciro Garcia, but they also have a privacy problem and it hasn't really gone anywhere - yet.
Page 360 of 360