Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:39 AM Last edited by Dogger126 : 1st Jan 2017 at 3:13 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bandicam no longer works (SOLVED)
EDIT: I figured out how to make the game windowed, using @ihatemandatoryregister 's method. Thank you.
Hello. I have a slight issue with the game that is preventing me from uploading a sim. I had the game a few months ago, and I remember Bandicam button working fine. Now, as I am in the process of attempting to screenshot a sim in the game, it takes a picture of the desktop/blue for some reason. I am running Windows 10, and the Desktop Composition button was removed . Please help, as all I want to do is upload a sim!!!
P.S. I have Ultimate Collection, if that makes things worse/better??

EDIT: I tried Bandicam, but it doesn't work either

"Do you think that God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he has created?" - a quote from spy kids 2
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:48 AM
Doesn't work when you're in fullscreen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:55 AM
Ok, nevermind, Bandicam doesn't work either

"Do you think that God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he has created?" - a quote from spy kids 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
Doesn't work when you're in fullscreen.

Ok I sound really stupid, but how do I make it windowed?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 5:49 AM
Try Fraps instead.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dogger126
Ok I sound really stupid, but how do I make it windowed?

Create a shortcut to your latest EP (e.g. "C:\Games\The Sims\The Sims 2\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe", this isn't the default path though). right click and open properties, and add -w to the end of the target box.

Alternately, use FRAPS. It's shareware but you can take BMP screenshots free and convert them later.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 6:37 AM
What I like about Fraps is it goes to it's own folder and now with FastStone I can convert all of them in one swoop into jpgs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 11:13 AM
Personally, I use windowed mode and take screenshots with Alt + PrintScreen - it seems to me that it is the best working method on Windows 10. You need to paste it into Paint after every shot. I could not get any screenshot program to work - although there may have been updates since.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 2:50 PM
Fraps doesn't work for me on Windows 10/I have Photoshop so a converting tool is not a worry.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Dogger126 : 1st Jan 2017 at 3:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Create a shortcut to your latest EP (e.g. "C:\Games\The Sims\The Sims 2\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe", this isn't the default path though). right click and open properties, and add -w to the end of the target box.

I'm going to try this out.

EDIT:This worked for me, thank you.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Sep 2024 at 4:29 AM
Default Bandicam Fix
Hi, sorry for commenting on an old thread, but I thought I would post this to help future googlers: I was able to get bandicam to take sims 2 screenshots by going to general settings and checking the 'bandicam always on top' box. I have the screen recording mode (in the top left corner) set to 'rectangle on a screen,' but I'm not sure that that matters as much as the 'bandicam always on top' setting.

Screenshots