Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2024 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Thii : 13th Aug 2024 at 1:19 PM.
Default Texure of my mesh gets blurred when and efter in edit mode (Solved)
I am making a stall set and wanted to add some fake shine to them in my multiplier because I can’t seem to get the specular map to work in Sims. When I open the object in the game, it looks okay (just some more touches, etc.), but when I try to change the color, it gets blurry and won't return to how it looked. Does someone know why or how to fix it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thii
I am making a stall set and wanted to add some fake shine to them in my multiplier because I can’t seem to get the specular map to work in Sims. When I open the object in the game, it looks okay (just some more touches, etc.), but when I try to change the color, it gets blurry and won't return to how it looked. Does someone know why or how to fix it?

Update!

I solved the problem, or rather, I got help from someone.

The tiling of the texture made my objects' fake shine blurry. Someone explained it to me: “Tiling must reflect the ratio of the textures. If you're using a square image, the ratio is 1:1, and if you use a nonsquare, it must be 1:2/2:1 or whatever size it is.
For example, a texture that is 2048x1024 would be 8:4, while a 2k square would be 8:8, a 1k square would be 4:4, a 512 square would be 2:2, and so on.

That means the numbers are also connected to the textures' size.
You can often see if your tiling is correct if you check your object with one of the geometric patterns like these:”

I had the tiling size 8:7 in tsrw. Now, when I change it, it works. When I need to change the color of an object in-game, it gets a little blurry in edit mode, but once I step out of it, it returns to normal.

I hope this will help someone else if they have that problem!
Screenshots