Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 8:38 PM Last edited by kenoi : 16th Aug 2024 at 10:58 AM.
Default Mod (In Development): I Dream of Jeannie Playset
I'm looking for I Dream of Jeannie skins for The Sims -- specifically Jeannie and Major Nelson:

Have they been seen around? *Fangirl squeals. Crosses fingers and blinks twice.*

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2024 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kenoi
I'm looking for I Dream of Jeannie skins for The Sims -- specifically Jeannie and Major Nelson:

Have they been seen around? *Fangirl squeals. Crosses fingers and blinks twice.*

It looks like there are some harem girl outfits under Jeannie's Bottle of Sims here: https://archive.org/download/sims-1...Yahoo%20Groups/

It's not the faces, but it's a start on the wardrobe
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 3:40 AM

http://simfileshare.net/folder/100801/ Jeannie and her bottle. Found it while I was looking for a waterwheel.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 6:31 AM
Wow! I actually lost hope. These are perfect!! Thank you so much, @FrancesWeyr! 🤗

I'll use these as a base, and create a set of skins for an I Dream of Jeannie themed Sims play. I realised after I posted that we already have some matching uniforms in the game for Major Nelson, so the harem outfits are what I was missing the most. Now all the essentials are in place, and I can start tailoring. 🤭

Jeannie's Bottle of Sims has some absolutely beautiful outfits. 🤩 (How did I miss that there is a Sims site called "Jeannie's Bottle of Sims"?? 😅)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 7:17 AM
Whoah!! This Jeannie mesh actually has a moving cloth in the accessories! It's been weighted so that the top moves with the head, but the bottom stays fixed. This is the first time I have seen this in The Sims! 😀 Mind blown!

This technique can be used for long hair. So long hair in The Sims has no reason to be rigid.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 8:48 AM
Oooh! 😀 I just had a great idea. I'm going to create a Jeannie's bottle object for the game that actually allows Jeannie (and anyone else) to enter the bottle. While in the bottle, all the sim's stats will be quickly replenished. This means that Jeannie can stay constantly fresh, while Major Nelson has to endure the challenges of daily human living, eat, and go to bed. Jeannie only does these things when she feels like it -- she doesn't have to do them. 🤭
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 1:10 PM
Oooh! 😀 I just had a great idea. I'm going to create a Jeannie's bottle object for the game that actually allows Jeannie (and anyone else) to enter the bottle. While in the bottle, all the sim's stats will be quickly replenished. This means that Jeannie can stay constantly fresh, while Major Nelson has to endure the challenges of daily human living, eat, and go to bed. Jeannie only does these things when she feels like it -- she doesn't have to do them. 🤭

There should be some perks to being a genie. 😄
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 12:18 PM Last edited by kenoi : 16th Aug 2024 at 1:19 PM.
Working on the I Dream of Jeannie playset for The Sims 1. New face for Jeannie:

Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 5:55 PM Last edited by ed95 : 1st Sep 2024 at 10:55 PM.
I loved this show!!! Not as much as 'Bewitched', but this was a very cozy and funny one. It even was remade here in Spain!!

I find the idea of Jeannie having her own magic lamp amazing! I'll be keeping tabs on your project. Jeannie's new face also looks awesome!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 7:37 PM
Thanks @ed95, your sharing/support/encouragement really means a lot. 🤗 I agree, Jeannie is one of my favourite sitcoms. ❤️

I've been kept busy by life, but I'm working on creating and programming Jeannie's bottle next, and I want to create her love interest, Tony Nelson, as a skin -- and then I'll release the 3 items as an I Dream of Jeannie playset 🎁 for the community that people can install to expand their Sims gameplay, and play a little Jeannie in The Sims. 😉

It should work with any version of The Sims, as I'm trying to create it to work with the base game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 5:36 PM Last edited by kenoi : 5th Sep 2024 at 8:11 PM.
I wasn't happy with that head model (it didn't match Barbara's face), so I ended up porting the face texture to a different head model instead:

Now she looks a lot more like Jeannie. A big bonus is that unlike the original head model, this one can be used without the genie clothes -- so Jeannie can also walk around in civilian/modern clothing, like she does in the show.
Screenshots