Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 2:26 AM Last edited by jaysims : 28th Jul 2024 at 6:01 AM.
Default [Solved] CC previously working fine, now invisible in-game
Hi there,

A few months ago I made some posters for my game using a pre-exiting mesh (made by another creator). These looked great in-game, I took screenshots of the room and moved onto decorating other parts of the house. I noticed yesterday as I happened to glance into that room again that some of the posters were missing from the walls. I thought maybe I'd accidentally deleted the content from my game but that particular object has about 8 swatches/options and some were still there while others had disappeared. I was still able to select the posters even though they were invisible. Here's all the things I've tried so far:

-I tried placing them again, and was able to select the swatch and it was visible but as soon as I actually placed the object, it disappeared again.

-I had originally installed the cc as a Sims3pack so I uninstalled the pack and reinstalled as package file instead, but no change.

-I used NRaas debug enabler and selected "Reset Textures" on the objects but this just turned them into a poster that must have been the original texture so not any of the ones I had created.

-I double-checked my game settings but all visual settings are on medium - high.

I don't know if it's possible for another mod/cc to have this effect on an item but I have installed a number of mods and lots of other cc since first installing this object.

Any thoughts/tips/ideas would be much appreciated, as I'm at a bit of a loss here!

See pictures attached although it's hard to get an idea of what I mean from pictures, it would be easier to explain through video.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 5:42 AM
Are the changes you made in your own package, or did you overwrite the CC?
If you have your own package, you may want to place it in the Overrides folder to make sure the files are loading with the appropriate priority.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Are the changes you made in your own package, or did you overwrite the CC?
If you have your own package, you may want to place it in the Overrides folder to make sure the files are loading with the appropriate priority.

Thanks for the suggestion! This didn't work unfortunately, but I have since fixed the problem (I wouldn't say "solved" as I still don't know why it happened in the first place) but I just opened the file up in TSRW, re-exported it and replaced the old file, and it works. Hopefully this one doesn't end up breaking too.
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaysims
Thanks for the suggestion! This didn't work unfortunately, but I have since fixed the problem (I wouldn't say "solved" as I still don't know why it happened in the first place) but I just opened the file up in TSRW, re-exported it and replaced the old file, and it works. Hopefully this one doesn't end up breaking too.

Questions... In your original package, did you use TSRW to make it? Did you import the original package or sims3pack? Do you have the original from other creator in your game also???

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Questions... In your original package, did you use TSRW to make it? Did you import the original package or sims3pack? Do you have the original from other creator in your game also???

Yes I used TSRW to make it, and installed it as a sims3pack originally (then uninstalled and used package instead when trying to troubleshoot). I will have to double check if I have the original package installed in my game also, I don't believe I do though.
Inventor
#6 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaysims
Yes I used TSRW to make it, and installed it as a sims3pack originally (then uninstalled and used package instead when trying to troubleshoot). I will have to double check if I have the original package installed in my game also, I don't believe I do though.

Hmm... Yes, what happened is very odd, especially if you don't have the original donor in your game. I was just curious about those things.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!