Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 4:33 PM
A What If... Can an uploaded world include ancestry?
Just like any of the original game worlds, I've been daydreaming recently on taking on a huge project someday (probably forever from now, or never at all - who knows). I'd like to be able to make a world from scratch with lore galore! But that would mean creating sims and then playing through lifetimes until they die so I can populate the community graveyard... morbid, perhaps but important to me for a complete playthrough!

So, knowledgeable community, when one uploads a world for others to add to their own games, are family trees which include the dearly departed included in all that? Is it only included as a part of a world, or can it be so in an uploaded household as well? Are there stipulations? Also open to any other helpful suggestions I should bear in mind!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sammy4eva
Just like any of the original game worlds, I've been daydreaming recently on taking on a huge project someday (probably forever from now, or never at all - who knows). I'd like to be able to make a world from scratch with lore galore! But that would mean creating sims and then playing through lifetimes until they die so I can populate the community graveyard... morbid, perhaps but important to me for a complete playthrough!

So, knowledgeable community, when one uploads a world for others to add to their own games, are family trees which include the dearly departed included in all that? Is it only included as a part of a world, or can it be so in an uploaded household as well? Are there stipulations? Also open to any other helpful suggestions I should bear in mind!

Not sure how it would work with CAW, but Nraas MC should be able to "fast forward" creating a family legacy. Pick 2 bin Sims, MC marry them. Pick more bin Sims, MC make them the first Sims' kids. Just fast forward creating the legacy, I don't see where age matters much, until the last parent children sets. Pick more bin Sims, and make them the kids of the kids. Use MC to "kill off" the now grandparents and put their stones in the family plot. I have done similar, but not adding this to CAW. And of course, you can customize the first 2 Sims, and use MC or other mods to modify the kids, based on the parents genetics. In MC, you can also modify relationships, as how much each Sim likes other Sims in the family tree... before ghosting them. OY! And MC can choose howw a Sim dies! Morbbid, but....

Shiny, happy people make me puke!