Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 4:10 AM
Default Genetically correct hoods
Does anyone know of other gc hoods that use meetme’s cleaned hoods to make the sims genetically correct? I do use the ones on here but don’t like that they use the mod to make all the genes the same value. I prefer them to be as is black and brown hair dominant over red and blonde etc. Or has anyone extracted the dead ancestors from meetme’s hoods so I can download them?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 4:32 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 29th Jul 2024 at 4:51 AM.
You don't need to use the mod alongside the hood.

Unless the sims have had their hairs changed in those hoods or have been born ingame with the settings changed, the hair genetic mod shouldn't do much, if anything, to the original sims' genetics. from the mod is put into the game, it only affects new sims being made/born. If you don't use the mod, the game uses default genetic settings for new sims.

Sims inherit two hair "genes" from their parents - one that shows on the sim, and one that saves as a recessive trait, which their babies can inherit, or it can be passed down again (this one can be both a dominant or recessive gene). If the sim gets one dominant hair gene, that hair color takes priority. Two different dominant or recessive hair genes, and it's 50/50. Sims directly out of CAS usually have 2 identical hair genes, unless the pacifier has been rolled to make the sim.

The mod affects which hair colors/genes are considered dominant/recessive when the sim has babies. If the sims in the hoods have their original hair colors and the proper recessive hair, removing the mod (or adding it in) should only affect the hair of their babies.

I don't know which method has been used for cleaning up the hoods, but l'd think it's tweaking in SimPE and potentially some CAS.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 4:56 AM
Yeah I know all that. The sims were all born with that mod that’s why I wanted different ones