Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2024 at 7:43 PM Last edited by HumanVerification : 30th May 2024 at 11:36 AM.
Default WCIF leave toddlers in their cribs (solution found)
Several of my families live with extended family members. If one of the parents is not immediately getting the toddler out of the crib, like when they are still sleeping, all the teens, adults and elders who don't have anything to do walk towards the crib to get the toddler out. Although I like that they care about the toddler, it is getting annoying if all the family members teens and older walk right into the room where the toddler is screaming the parents to life. I just want the parents and their toddler to have some family time.

Does anyone know a mod which makes it so, that everyone will leave the toddler in the crib, unless directed to do so?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th May 2024 at 9:59 PM
You might want No Baby Harassment: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i...pic,2384.0.html
Hope this helps!

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2024 at 8:35 AM
Thank you for the link. I already have NBH, but maybe it clashes with some other toddler mod, so I will try to load it last.
Instructor
#4 Old 25th May 2024 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HumanVerification
Thank you for the link. I already have NBH, but maybe it clashes with some other toddler mod, so I will try to load it last.

You can try the HCDU too, if I'm correct.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2024 at 10:51 PM
Is it already in crib fix by Twojeffs? That stops them from taking a toddler out of a crib to try to satisfy its energy need.

Though, it sounds like the toddler is awake so it is expected behaviour that the game will push an action on any awake teen+ to get them out. I don't think there is a mod which nixes this. You could consider locking the other relatives out of the parents' room?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th May 2024 at 7:31 PM
@FuryCat: I've got too many mods for the HCDU haha.

@Simsfreq: the toddler is awake indeed, alive and screaming to get out.

Maybe the best solution would be to play with apartments, so the extended family stay in their part of the lot, but that's not an option in the Stone Age (my Sims live in the Stone Age) Anyway, I think I will just live with this behavior. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Instructor
#7 Old 28th May 2024 at 7:43 PM
Maybe the best solution would be to play with apartments, so the extended family stay in their part of the lot, but that's not an option in the Stone Age (my Sims live in the Stone Age) Anyway, I think I will just live with this behavior. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I'm thinking that you maybe would be able to make non-modern apartments which look like something from the Stone Age, but at the same time you need to have the apartment doors and all that crap for apartments to work, so I don't think that would be easy.
I second simsfreq's answer. I think locking out the other family members would be a solution, they won't be able to go in.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2024 at 7:05 PM

They're going by the theory of 'it takes a village to raise a child'. But even if someone other than the parents gets to the child first the parents can then grab the child and spend time with them. I can't remember if there's a 'hand over' action, but canceling the action of the sim holding the child works too.

I'm guessing that your sims don't have doors yet, so locking to everyone except the parents wouldn't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th May 2024 at 11:35 AM
@FuryCat, indeed not easy, and the apartment mail box is a killer lol. Besides, I'm horrible at building, most of my Sims live in rectangle boxes.

Quote:
They're going by the theory of 'it takes a village to raise a child'. But even if someone other than the parents gets to the child first the parents can then grab the child and spend time with them.

@Charity, that's a lovely way of putting it!

The doors and locking, they have "doors" aka animal screens behaving as doors, I would need several doors. One for every parent and one for the time someone else can enter their room.

Thanks to everyone for the thinking.

I think I've found the culprit. While going through my mods, I found simler90-smarterGettingFromCrib, which makes it "more likely to take a crying baby/toddler out of the crib." I've taken it out.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th May 2024 at 12:47 PM
You might want the other mod that Nopke mentioned as well. No Baby/Toddler Swarming.

If nothing works, then I just remembered something else.

GENDER and 4-KEY LOCKING for NORMAL DOORS and GATES

https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...cessControl.htm

Presuming that your doors are functional and not just for decoration, if you give each parent a key then they should be the only ones who can go into the room where the toddler is. You'd just have to make sure that there was nothing that anyone else would want to use in the room where the toddler sleeps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 3:57 PM
@Charity, the anti-swarming mod I already have.

That key mod is amazing, thank you! Just what is necessary sometimes :D