Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 6:17 AM Last edited by luqtas : 27th Apr 2024 at 6:21 PM.
The Sims 1 Complete Edition co-op gameplay #3656781
hi

so i posted at Discord groups an invitation to play The Sims 1 Complete Edition together, in turns! so far i found 1 person and our deal is: 2.5 (2 hours and 30 minutes) hours each session & one can take at maximum 14 days (IRL time) i.e. if you didn't played for 2.5 hours in 14 days, you must pass the save-game file; or if you played the 2.5 hours in few days, you also must pass the file...

since The Sims 1 doesn't allow editing families, for creating our 1° family, we need to do it by parsing screenshots! if anyone gets interested, post yours, we are happy to play with you

current Sims of the 1° family:

we'll wait a while till this post gets some views but if we start to play, or people created too much Sims, the rule is: if we have 8 people interested, each one has the right to create 1 Sim only, otherwise, a new family must be created... we are also happy if you join us later, with or without a Sim!
communication happens in Discord but if you don't use that, we can exchange files via e-mail

a report when passing the file would be nice to update everyone of what happen... also for the entertainment of readers here!

edit: we are open to discuss sessions time and limit! at 1° it was suggested 5 hours & 30 days... also fine adjustment after we start if we feel the need! whatever works for everyone!

edit 2: it has started! we agreed in playing vanilla, without cheats and without mods but any experienced player joining is welcome to add anything and explain why X or Y is great... but please, anything that resemble cheats is out of consideration

edit 3: to keep the post clean, if you want to join, please send me a DM rather than replying here!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th May 2024 at 1:56 PM Last edited by luqtas : 18th May 2024 at 3:19 PM.
apparently they parsed me a haunted file...

both kids went to the military, despite of an 1 hour effort of giving my best to bring up all the -3 negative mood points all Sims were; all the relationships were falling apart and we even got a couple bed that couldn't be used @ one of the sides because it was siding a wall

stuff was so bad that even the microwave was catching fire

and despite luck episodes of not having to deal with clowns or receiving 500 § because computer bugs, to survive i had to sell multi-thousand § decoration stuff... finding a job was impossible & soon the money went away; so i started a new session! chatted about how i think Sims 1 works more or less and i hope stuff goes okay from now!

i created a house from the scratch, we previously were using a pre-built one that would require too much tweak to work out (but i have no idea if it would be cheaper)

Giovanna and Gabrielle went to the crime career... but apparently Giovanna is too girly for that, so she's now a dog walker, which earn 20 § less but she works for 3 hours only! couldn't bring Gabrielle too because apparently having no negative or positive mood points is a depressed mood to look for jobs Liz and gort are lying at C - B at their school grades & are pretty good cleaners, as no one seems to flush the toilet here oh and Liz seems to not like any of the paintings i bought! maybe when we get rich by walking all the neighbors dogs, we'll be able to buy fine art
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th May 2024 at 3:45 PM
Those poor kiddos

I think you'll get more room score bang for your buck by selling the art and putting some paint on the walls first. You might get a pleasant surprise when you sell some of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 7:37 AM Last edited by luqtas : 28th Jun 2024 at 8:17 AM. Reason: typos

priorities 1°! also take a look at our new stove it was stolen right after we bought it, so that one actually is the 2° new stove... the protection system is now installed, as waking up from bed and calling the police isn't fast as i wanted. some of the girls has cooking level 3, we got physical skills at 2 for the next promotion in the crime career, charisma leveled up so we can stop grooming pet hair (Giovanna was promoted from her dog walk) to finally get closer to surgeries maybe? please note that having access to horse anesthetics ISN'T related with Gabrielle thriving at the shady business profession

can you guess which bed is from the drug lord enthusiast? (she was at work at the photo)

dancing > TVing
that's how we chill in 2024 when retroing

...so, i was ready with my cup of coffee to sit and play for 4.5 hours straight in a Friday dawn! my game-play partner is having problems with the app... black-boxes on objects and they couldn't install the game again but guess what, i just receive a message and they followed the fixes i found at the internet and we are running again! i dunno if it'll work so, maybe, this is my last report... unless you wanna continue this (i'm interested btw) save-file! now some thoughts; it's my first time playing Sims 1 without cheats and either we choose badly the Sims or this game is super grindy! i was wondering what's a reasonable increase of simoleons beyond the initial §20,000 per Sim added to a family? maybe the guidelines Sims 2 throws at players (each new Sim we add §5,000) is a good recommend!? not that i'll do now but in case you are up to trying this "co-op mode", please; take this comment into account if you are a newcomer! maybe §8,000 up to §10,000 per Sim feels a reasonable choice!

the thief with our §1,000 brand new stove, if you recognize him, please DM me

xoxo, have a happy one

edit: and oh! Liz is rocking with their §100 salary of +A student... such a shame gort is more difficult to deal with, as they seem more interested in using the toilet even if their bladder bar is 4/5 full

edit 2: i wasn't expecting an interruption at my game-play, so i didn't screenshot the house's last state... but we got all walls painted and some new chairs at the kitchen!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 11:36 PM
This looks so fun!

Could you PM me links to some good Sims duscords? I don't gave anyone to chat with about TS1 these days