Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 8:19 AM
Default [Tutorial] How to Change or Create New Spawn Points
I searched for a guide on how to edit spawn points but couldn't find any so I worked out how to do it on my own and thought I would share my findings.

Required:
Wicked Whims - To get sims coordinates.
Sims 4 Studio.

In this guide I will be using Windenburg, The Crumbling Isle as reference. You can use any world you want just make sure to edit only the files in the Delta folders.

First you will need to get some coordinates, start up the game once in a world get your sim to go to a spot you want the new spawn point to be.
Shit click on the sim select Wicked >> Display Sim Information, In the notification window you will see the output information.

Note down the POS Numbers for later.

Create a folder on your desktop named backup and another MODIFIED,

Navigate to The Sims 4\Delta\EP02\Worlds\Areas

Select EP02_Island_01.world copy this file to the backup folder and place another in the modified folder.

Inside the modified folder right click EP02_Island_01.world then select open with, choose S4Studio.

First we will create a custom spawn point.

Find Maxis World Pipeline 1 click Edit Items.

Click on one of the items that has Spawner_VisitorArrival as the Spawner Name, now click copy.

Click Tools >> Hash Generator on the main S4S window.

In the Text area just type RandomSpawnPoint01

Copy the FNV56 and past it into the L1 field of the newly created item.

In the Orientation field put Identity (some of these spawn points have that in them and I'm not sure how to get the Orientation)

In Position field put the coordinates you got from Wicked Whims Display sim Information.

Scale is always 1

SpawnerName leave as Spawner_VisitorArrival

U1 and U2 no changes needed.

Click save once finished.

Now find World Object Data, Click Edit Items.

Select Lot:0

Click Edit Items next to Locations.

Select the first entry then click copy.

same as we did before.

In the Orientation field put Identity.

In Position field put the coordinates from before.

Leave the rest as is, click save.

Click save again in the main window and close S4S.

Copy the edited file back into The Sims 4\Delta\EP02\Worlds\Areas overriding the original file.

If you want to move a spawn point you will have to wait for a sim to spawn from the spawn point and get the coordinates for it.

The coordinates numbers from wicked whims wont be the exact same as what is in the games files as the sims spawn in a small radius to the coordinates.
You will have to look through all the entries and find the closest matching ones.

This is from the spawn point in front of Mid-NoWhere lot.

Once you find a match replace the coordinates in both World Object Data and World Pipe Line 1 with your custom coordinates.

Spawn IDs reference:
00000000000062B5 = Spawner_VisitorArrival

00000000000062B2 = Spawner_Arrival

00000000000062B3 = Spawner_Walkby

00000000000062B4 = Spawner_RearWalkby

Short 20sec video of a new spawn point at the beach near Mid-NoWhere.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yH...iew?usp=sharing
Screenshots
1 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Sep 2024 at 1:33 PM
Very interesting Wicked Whims has the coordinate thing built in lol this is interesting!